Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He'll be what the team needs if something should happen to Delph or Westwood. Not saying he'd be here as an understudy but it's good to have the extra option. With time I think he'd prove to be one of our better players.

He'll be Lambert's record signing therefore he'll be starting every game.

This is a good signing, I hope we can get him. Anyone remember what happened when Westwood got injured last season (was it against Newcastle?)? We sucked balls.

He adds depth and competition. And he's not as bad as the naysayers make out. With less pressure on his shoulders he could thrive here and will bre good for whoever he moves to.

other side of the coin when Westwood was injured we beat Man City at Villa Park with Sylla having Yaya Toure in his back pocket!! The very next week Sylla was dropped after having a cracking game for Westwood at Hull away, Westwood was awful that game and we drew 0-0... It's no wonder players like Sylla's head dropped when they played well, we won only for likes of himself and Kozak dropped for Gabby & Westwood the following week..

Personally I think we won't meet his wage demands and that will be that and we move on somewhere else, or at least that is what I am hoping for, Tom creates nothing goals wise and offers little or nothing in a game, and yes I have seen him in plenty of games and my opinion has never changed.

I think he'd improve the starting eleven which in turn would add depth and quality to the squad overall. We've very nearly been relegated for the last few seasons if we get Cleverley and the way the rest of squad is shaping up I think we shouldn' be any where near the relegation zone.

Don't really know what to think of this. I never really rated him, but even though he's not good enough for United (well, the old United), he'd probably do alright for us. It'd be nice to get a loan deal for a striker as well. Can see him going to Hull though, tbh.

He's alright for us.

But he's completely uninspiring, which is a shame after a decent summer.

I've regularly slated him in the past, but he's probably about our level, which says more about villa than cleverly.

Can only improve us. Who cares how much, it's Randy's money, rather risk 8mil on TC than the £5/6m we spunked out on Tonev et al who are now all loaned out because they were utter rubbish, or £1m on that Aquafresh fella.

You pretty much just trebled his transfer fee.

Troon, "et al" was a reference to [Tonev] Helenius and Luna. You can also add Sylla to failed risks.

He keeps the ball . We don't. 

An improvement for us IMO. 

So we can keep the ball even more as the likes of Weimann and Gabby waste chances still. I guess we will have a few more % of possession though... we should have just kept Bannan.

Edited by dodgyknees

Jesus wept! Couldn't make it up. Perhaps the most overrated player in the premier league ever! How the hell he won an England cap I have no idea. He offers nothing more than Westwood and he cost buttons!

If we pay 8 mill for him Lambert is a bigger fool than I could have believed.

He is the same as Wes Brown, Darren Gibson, and all the other dross they have let go, they go for a reason.

What is his supposed strength? He's not creative, doesn't score loads, doesn't beat people, not a ball winner and worst of all doesn't look like he works hard and he thinks he's made it, he hasn't, he's been found out. In my view he is just like Westwood. OK, but won't win you a game and certainly not worth 8 mill and a massive salary he is on.

If we were signing him on a free and he want £20k a week I might think about it. Other than that, just no.

How is his fee bigger than Kagawa???

I hope he wants to let his contract run out, or fancies living in Hull otherwise this is tragic.

For those of you that think he is good have a read on Red Cafe.... They're laughing their tits off!

I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist over the price for. It's not their money.

But its OUR team? And also people are thinking of the small budget we thought we had. Now 8 million is arriving for Cleverley…. so is that our spending done after that? ETC

Can only improve us. Who cares how much, it's Randy's money, rather risk 8mil on TC than the £5/6m we spunked out on Tonev et al who are now all loaned out because they were utter rubbish, or £1m on that Aquafresh fella.

You pretty much just trebled his transfer fee.

Troon, "et al" was a reference to [Tonev] Helenius and Luna. You can also add Sylla to failed risks.
Sorry, never read that properly.

If we sign Cleverly I will start to believe a takeover is on the cards.

I reckon the opposite - you wouldn't buy a new kitchen if you were in the process of selling your house.

I think he would have other offers and I can't see us being the best one unless there was more to it.

Or maybe I'm overestimating him.

Â