Paul Gascoigne

Si.

I still don't understand the love for this wife beater.

Separation of art and the artist is a relatively simple concept.  Gazza's wounds are all self inflicted, he'll get no sympathy from me on that but I'd be lying if I didn't say he brought me great pleasure as a player. When I think of Gazza the first thing I remember is him in an England shirt and I can't help but smile. 

• Like 1

It's been almost 20 years since he did anything like that. He's a mess of a man, and only had himself to blame, he's had more help that anyone.

This hero worshiping of him is not helping him.

Unfortunately, there will always be some clearing in the woods who will want to buy him a drink just so they can say they did. He should probably leave the UK, come to the US and get treatment. Maybe get a analyst job with ESPN or NBC or FOX, get an apartment and lay low. 

• Like 1

It's been almost 20 years since he did anything like that. He's a mess of a man, and only had himself to blame, he's had more help that anyone.

This hero worshiping of him is not helping him.

I don't think people are 'hero worshiping' him by saying his situation is sad. 

• 6 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OlfG1dF3w

troon_villan dislikes this

Well he can piss off :D

This is now the Gazza appreciation thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqs1MYZ9L0k

Either that video was recorded on VHS and has warped over time...

Or that saxophone player is hitting some bum notes...

Will go the same way as George Best who managed to hang on until he was 59, not sure Gazza will see 60 either.

It's o.k people like Redknapp saying football needs to offer a hand and give him something to do but say a club offered him a coaching role, would he be relied upon to turn up on time every day? With his issues I'd say that would be pretty unlikely.

Â