Aly Cissokho

samjp26

I keep replaying a moment in my mind from last season, I want to say when Liverpool played Stoke but I'm not sure, when he went to play a 10 yard pass and sliced it miles away into the stands.

His style of play is exactly what I'd expect Sylla to be like if played at full back.

Surely this is a joke, he’d be a woeful signing if it happens.

Hasn’t a clue how to defend or pass the ball. Was awful for Liverpool last season.

FFS Lambert this is even more bizarre than Senderos

I imagine this would be your stock response to any signing we made tbfh.

TBFH I’m sure you’re capable of imagining anything!

And maybe your ability to dream can stretch to this lad becoming a good defender and passer of the ball once he has a few coaching sessions with Paul Lambert.

Unfortunately back in reality he is an over hyped player on a downward trajectory.

Lamberts form in signing second-rate left backs continues unabated. So far it’s Bennett, Luna, Bertrand and now this guy.  

Let's play a game: You've got £2m, who do you buy instead?

You beat me to it! Who exactly would you buy for £1.75M then Villastine? Makes me laugh when they conveniently don't answer. I don't care what he has done for any other clubs, if he plays well in a Villa shirt, who cares? He can't be that bad if Liverpool took him on loan.

I'd stop buying defenders that can't defend and midfielders that can't pass and rather than wasting money on lots of sub-standard players I'd buy 1 or 2 players that have capability.

How much has Lamberk spend on left backs? Bennett, Luna, Bertrand loan...... 

I'd stop buying defenders that can't defend and midfielders that can't pass and rather than wasting money on lots of sub-standard players I'd buy 1 or 2 players that have capability.

You've missed the point of the question entirely there. Would you just go to the counter at the footballer emporium and say "Here's £10m, I'll have 1 or 2 players that have capability, please"?

Saw it on Twitter, adding on to that I think it is worth noting that Valencia fans do not seem happy about this at all.

Ah, possibly from the same source then. I saw it on this:

Back to Valencia after a rather interesting experience side Liverpool (15 Premier League games, including 12 as the counter holder), Aly Cissokho had not planned to make old bones in the club market, despite a current contract until 2016.

And because in discussions with a number of Premier League clubs, the former Olympique Lyonnais player eventually reach an agreement with Aston Villa. Subject to satisfying the traditional medical visit, the left side will initial a four-year lease for the fifteenth club championship last season according to our information.

http://www.footmercato.net/breves/info-fm-aly-cissokho-d-accord-avec-aston-villa_135950

• Like 1

Like our other signings I think people will be pleasantly surprised and is another step closer to a relegation-battle-free season hopefully, assuming he does join. I got a bit worried when the Ki trail ended that we'd hit a brick wall but hopefully there is more work going on as well.

4 year deal apparently

Is that from that French website?

Saw it on Twitter, adding on to that I think it is worth noting that Valencia fans do not seem happy about this at all. 

What are they saying?

Like our other signings I think people will be pleasantly surprised and is another step closer to a relegation-battle-free season hopefully, assuming he does join. I got a bit worried when the Ki trail ended that we'd hit a brick wall but hopefully there is more work going on as well.

Yep lets give the guy a run of games before we judge him - its all hands to the pump this season - and any new recruits are more than welcome by me.......even if they aren't players of the calibre I would like to see joining us...

• Like 1

Does anyone think this guy is signing as a DM? Pace and good defensive capabilities, and we already have plenty of people who play LB. I'd like a LB that can defend but signing another one seems odd

4 year deal apparently

Is that from that French website?

What are they saying?

The general consensus seems to be that they were happy that Cissokho had returned as they're very short in that position, I think they'd assumed he'd be staying with Liverpool so his return took one worry off their hands. However, with him coming to us the only left back they have now is José Luis Gayá who is 19 years of age and has just 90 minutes of La Liga football under his belt.

I suppose it would be like us selling Guzan and slapping Steer in goal, I'd be pissed off myself.

Edit:

Just for the record Gayá is definitely a good prospect, but I think it is risky of them to sell Cissokho for such a little fee, they'd be better off keeping him IMO. 

Edited by samjp26

Have to say I didn't notice him play much at Liverpool. I'm glad that Richardson is viewed as a midfielder rather than a defender as I really don't rate his defending. Just hope this one works out when/if the deal is done. Really don't want us to be trying to sign yet another LB next summer.

Lambert's record of signing full backs has hardly been successful (understandable with the fees paid for them blah blah blah), hope this is a turn of fortunes in that department. 

Â