Aly Cissokho

samjp26

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Cissokho

Bacuna Westwood Delph Richardson

Cole

Benteke

Not bad IMO.

It's ok, but I just think our central midfield is far too lightweight and offers no protection for the defense.

Westwood has bulked up and Delph's tackling has improved a great deal since a few years back. If we played a back line like the one mentioned then our defence may not need cover, because they'll all be focused on defending rather than pushing forward.

N'Zogbia and Grealish are also able to work the wings so we have options, Gardner and KEA can be used in the middle.

Has Westwood bulked up? If he could add more aggression and presence to his game he'd be a proper player. I still think we need someone else in there and I'm glad it seems like we're looking.

As to Cissokho, proof is in the pudding. I've seen him be excellent and I've seen him be dreadful. But he's a good age and price so it looks like decent business, especially if Richardson isn't seen as a LB.

Surely this is a joke, he’d be a woeful signing if it happens.

Hasn’t a clue how to defend or pass the ball. Was awful for Liverpool last season.

FFS Lambert this is even more bizarre than Senderos

I imagine this would be your stock response to any signing we made tbfh.

TBFH I’m sure you’re capable of imagining anything!

And maybe your ability to dream can stretch to this lad becoming a good defender and passer of the ball once he has a few coaching sessions with Paul Lambert.

Unfortunately back in reality he is an over hyped player on a downward trajectory.

Lamberts form in signing second-rate left backs continues unabated. So far it’s Bennett, Luna, Bertrand and now this guy.  

Hasn’t a clue how to defend or pass the ball. Was awful for Liverpool last season.

And maybe your ability to dream can stretch to this lad becoming a good defender and passer of the ball once he has a few coaching sessions with Paul Lambert.

Unfortunately back in reality he is an over hyped player on a downward trajectory.

Lamberts form in signing second-rate left backs continues unabated. So far it’s Bennett, Luna, Bertrand and now this guy.  

Let's play a game: You've got £2m, who do you buy instead?

He reminds me a bit of Stephen Warnock when he plays football

Warnock was dodgy on the ball and a bit lumbering going forward but in his first season for us under MON he put in some great displays defensively.

If this guy puts in at least one decent season for us and helps us to stop leaking goals until we get taken over then it will be 2m well spent.

With Hutton and Okore returning aswell I'm much more confident about our defence than last year.

Baker needs to leave now. Please for the love of God leave.

If we get a decent enough DM before the end of the window then it will be a satisfactory (if a little underwhelming but what did we really expect with Lerner still here) transfer window.

Let's play a game: You've got £2m, who do you buy instead?

You beat me to it! Who exactly would you buy for £1.75M then Villastine? Makes me laugh when they conveniently don't answer. I don't care what he has done for any other clubs, if he plays well in a Villa shirt, who cares? He can't be that bad if Liverpool took him on loan.

Edited by sidcowans21

Okay, having asked the question it seems this one is on and could be complete today.

I'm told he will cost £1.75m which isn't a lot of money in anyone's book so even if he has limitations in our current position I think that is good business personally.

Richardson wasn't signed to play LB he is viewed as being a left sided midfielder.

Hopefully a midfielder to follow before the start of the season as well.

Any ideas on that midfielder, Trent?

Honestly, no.

On the one hand, he can't possibly be as bad as either Bennett or Luna.  On the other, it's another cheap-as chips signing for Lambert, and not many of those have worked out for him.  Hopefully he isn't going to send his alleged £10m on 5 more £2m players.  I'd rather see a chunk of it go on a very good midfielder.

• Like 1

Kendrick doesn't appear to be well thought by the club. He's probably informed of signings as and when they're confirmed.

I see another journo has taken over his role at the mail too. Kendrick has been given more work to do.

Everyone seems to be obsessed with the fact Westwood has 'bulked up' (based on seeing pictures of his triceps, which means absolutely nothing). It doesn't really matter if he has or hasn't. Granted, he'll be a bit stronger in the tackle, but it's all upstairs anyway. Look at our no.2 - Mr. Roy Maurice Keane, not a big man at all, but a beast on the field.

Edited by kasabian21

10m kitty, 2m spent on this guy...I reckon 2 more signings

Hope not. We need quality, not quantity. One good midfielder would make the world of difference.

A higher transfer fee usually means higher wages, which the club will want to avoid. I'd love one "marquee" signing with the remaining 8m, but just can't see it happening, tbh.

LB is a particularly weak position of ours, so I'm all for this signing if he's decent defensively. I'm not too fussed how good he is at getting forward as I've always thought that a full-back is still primarily a defender and that should be their most sought after asset. As long as he can pass a few yards to whoever is infront or beside him then fine. A good DM and maybe AM or Winger and it's not a bad window considering our situation.

Edited by JoshVilla

Dani Meroño Bori ‏@Dani_Merono

Confirmado, Cissokho NO esta en el entrenamiento vespertino con permiso del club.Esta gestionando su venta y salida dl VCF en estos momentos

Dani Meroño Bori ‏@Dani_Merono

Confirmed, Cissokho NOT the afternoon training with permission from club.Esta managing their sales and output VCF dl right now

Buc5752CMAAcU6j.jpg

• Like 3

Â