Aly Cissokho

samjp26

Surely this is a joke, he’d be a woeful signing if it happens.

Hasn’t a clue how to defend or pass the ball. Was awful for Liverpool last season.

FFS Lambert this is even more bizarre than Senderos

I imagine this would be your stock response to any signing we made tbfh.

• Like 3

I watched him on numerous occasions for Lyon and a few times for Valencia and he was pretty decent on the ball and very capable in his interplay. I believe that he just struggled to instantly adapt to the league and lost confidence as a result. It's true that he is better defensively though which is perfectly fine by me, I hate full-backs that can't defend.

Edit: I can't really think of a better left-back for the purported fee either. It would be roughly a million pounds less than what we supposedly paid for Bennett.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Could Richardson play in the DM role?

:puke:

Only ask because I've not seen a huge amount of him, and given that he's played both LB and a midfield role, I was curious to know whether or not he'd have it in his locker to play behind the CMs. Obviously not based on that :lol:

I haven't seen lots of him but if he can defend then that'll do for me.

I don't remember Bertrand carving through defences last year and broadly speaking people were happy with him.

First and foremost we've been leaky as hell at the back for years so if this guy helps with that then I'm happy. If we still can't score at home it wont be his fault.

I'm going to be honest here - he was really crap for Liverpool. Defensive mistakes, poor passing, not that comfortable on the ball either.....I'm not sure about this one.

If he can get his confidence back and settle in, he may be decent.

Maybe PL wants to play;

Hutton Okore Vlaar Cissoko Richardson

?

A player at Lyon who had a big future, who has lost his way a little of late. He didn't play much for Liverpool and struggled with the language, but there is obviously a player in there and he is better than Luna and Bennett. Probably combined.

Maybe Richardson was signed as midfielder/winger?

This.

Given what Fulham fans have said about him, its probably for the best. They said he was good going forward, their best player last season, but suspect defensively.

We have at least in Richardson, N'Zogbia and Cole added to the attacking midfield options. Alreight, that cadre isn't going to set things afire, but we have at least got an option in there and its certainly better than having Albrighton, on his own and for half a season, as our only other option.

Surely this is a joke, he’d be a woeful signing if it happens.

Hasn’t a clue how to defend or pass the ball. Was awful for Liverpool last season.

FFS Lambert this is even more bizarre than Senderos

sadly this is what i have heard from my liverpool mates. but surely cant be worse than bennett, arguably the worst lb i have seen.

in my view liverpool are miles ahead of us so what is good for them is definitely different to us. so fingers crossed

• Like 1

A player at Lyon who had a big future, who has lost his way a little of late. He didn't play much for Liverpool and struggled with the language, but there is obviously a player in there and he is better than Luna and Bennett. Probably combined.

Hopefully Senderos, N'Zogbia and Benteke will help him settle in.

• Like 2

Lambert signs left backs that are good going forward but terrible defenders - fans scream for a defender

Lambert signs (well, trying till sign) a left back that's better at defending than going forward - fans scream he's not good enough.

To be fair, he hasn't signed yet but he has a good pedigree and if the reported price is true, wont eat too much into our transfer micro-budget!!!

I've liked the look of cissokho and would be pleased if we got him!

sadly this is what i have heard from my liverpool mates. but surely cant be worse than bennett, arguably the worst lb i have seen.

in my view liverpool are miles ahead of us so what is good for them is definitely different to us. so fingers crossed

Not Najwan Ghrayib then? ;)

Edited by Isa

Â