Aly Cissokho

samjp26

Oh, Aly Cissokho, like the stranger that crept into the Villa team photo and wasn't quite shit enough to be completely rumbled.  Weirdly, his time here seems so symbolic of the whole Villa Depression Years: Like a homeless man who finds a half-eaten hotdog and thinks he's found a feast, Mr Cissokho, the average player's average player, was a sturdy chunk of driftwood in a dark and frightening and seemingly endless ocean.

Hopefully we'll never need his likeable gormlessness ever again.

• Like 3

Oh, Aly Cissokho, like the stranger that crept into the Villa team photo and wasn't quite shit enough to be completely rumbled. Weirdly, his time here seems so symbolic of the whole Villa Depression Years: Like a homeless man who finds a half-eaten hotdog and thinks he's found a feast, Mr Cissokho, the average player's average player, was a sturdy chunk of driftwood in a dark and frightening and seemingly endless ocean.

He also crossed the ball about as well as a piece of driftwood too...
  • Like 1

The signing of Cissokho was like the proverbial husband coming back from a car boot sale with a foot spa for his wife. I mean, who doesn't want a foot spa? And look, it was a bargain, only £2.50! They're virtually giving these things away!

Yeah, there's a reason for that Paul. Yes it's a perfectly functioning item, yes she may smile sweetly and promise that the first thing she's going to do when she gets home tomorrow is wet her toes in it... But she never will Paul. And that foot spa will clog up the cupboards along with the other tat you dragged home from car boot sales over the years, like that old 56k modem and the heating element from a ceramic hob, until she finally plucks up the courage to dump your sad little face. The new fella moves in and immediately sets about getting rid of your useless shit, buying her actual things she wants. Diamonds and that.

I also hear his facials are legendary...

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

So, I bought the big farewell card and we're all writing our pretty messages of loving remembrance.

Any more additions are so, so welcome.

(And Mr Doug, I'm tempted to break into Lambert's no doubt boringly nice little cottage at night just to read your post to him verbatim.  I feel the man needs to hear it.  I'll still be chuckling tomorrow and wondering how guilty I feel doing it.)

Oh, Aly Cissokho, like the stranger that crept into the Villa team photo and wasn't quite shit enough to be completely rumbled.  Weirdly, his time here seems so symbolic of the whole Villa Depression Years: Like a homeless man who finds a half-eaten hotdog and thinks he's found a feast, Mr Cissokho, the average player's average player, was a sturdy chunk of driftwood in a dark and frightening and seemingly endless ocean.

We've gone from depressed mumbles at a survivor's support group to full on confused-feelings-in-a-crowded-hot-tub in the time it takes Grealish to down a bottle of Grey Goose.

6220e5746d5f8a4cea9da39aa7097574.jpg

• Like 1

So, I bought the big farewell card and we're all writing our pretty messages of loving remembrance.

Any more additions are so, so welcome.

(And Mr Doug, I'm tempted to break into Lambert's no doubt boringly nice little cottage at night just to read your post to him verbatim. I feel the man needs to hear it. I'll still be chuckling tomorrow and wondering how guilty I feel doing it.)

Can you take his collection of half used shower gels and his beta-max copy of Jumping Jack Flash starring Whoopie Goldberg with you and leave them there? By that I mean Keiran Richardson...

(These are all items I recently saw at a car boot sale in Cadiz, FYI. Spain, you crazy)

• Like 1

Might be a player that would benefit from a switch to CB. He is a decent defender and has the size/pace for it. As a left back he just can't do anything when he goes forward.

His positional sense was shocking imo

He only looked decent as the other LB's we have had previously were so utterly useless.

Defending he wasn't that bad but going forward he was a complete waste of time and in the modern game with narrow midfields you need your fullback to be able to back up the attack.

I don't think he was any where near as bad as some are making out. He was a defender who could defend quite adequately, not good going forward but what do you expect for £2m?

Good luck to him, bit miffed that Porto are only loaning him though, surely they must have pots of cash.

So is this topic just an excuse to out bizarre speech/old time gentlemen each other?

Good luck Aly, thought he was decent, oh well. Enjoy Porto.

Edited by Ingram85

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't play in their first game on the weekend against Vit. Guimares, think he picked up a knock in a friendly against Napoli the week before.

This Saturday, the aim wasn’t the best, and some good saves from Pepe Reina stopped the white and blues from scoring, despite the debut of Dani Osvaldo, and the return of Cissokho to the Dragons, six years later. The French defender, and Brahimi, went out injured, and that was the downside of the match, which ended with the fans applauding the team.In the starting team, there was a hint that Lopetegui might be trying to stabilize a standard eleven.

Four days after the return to the club, Cissokho started the match, on the left of the defense........Apart from the substitution of Cissokho for José Ángel, by the end of the first-half....etc

http://www.fcporto.pt/en/futebol/fichas-de-jogo/Pages/FCPorto-Napoles.aspx

Â