Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

My club St Mirren are One point away from winning the Scottish Championship! Only seen them lose twice so far since joined them.

Playing Dundee United away tonight. So hopefully promotion/party time!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

My club St Mirren are One point away from winning the Scottish Championship! Only seen them lose twice so far since joined them.

Playing Dundee United away tonight. So hopefully promotion/party time!!

Tough luck. Will be nice if you seal the Championship at home against 2nd placed Livingston on the weekend!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

St Mirren Champions today :)

fans all ran on the pitch at the end and they are very happy in Paisley tonight 

They'll be dancing in the streets of St Mirren tonight ;)

I'd like to take in a Scottish game soon... maybe make a weekend of it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The club is an absolute shambles, a joke show. They are a million miles behind Celtic in terms of players, staff, finances, stature, experience and infastructure. With only one CL place and Celtic all but guaranteed to take it, it will be decades before Rangers will be able to push them, even then it will take a series of absolutely shambolic decisions by Celtic. It is an impossible job, with impossible expectations. Take that job and you are setting yourself up for ridicule, abuse and failure.

I hope he takes it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The club is an absolute shambles, a joke show. They are a million miles behind Celtic in terms of players, staff, finances, stature, experience and infastructure. With only one CL place and Celtic all but guaranteed to take it, it will be decades before Rangers will be able to push them, even then it will take a series of absolutely shambolic decisions by Celtic. It is an impossible job, with impossible expectations. Take that job and you are setting yourself up for ridicule, abuse and failure.

I was surprised to see Rangers were only 10 points behind Celtic.

Celtic must have been shit this year - I guess lack of competition makes you lose your edge. 

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Gerrard confirmed then.

Can he prevent Brendan Rodgers from winning a league title once again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rangers squad is so so poor. Saw it listed in the week and it's mostly a squad of failed championship and league 1 players with dodgy foreign imports like Bruno Alves and Moreles.

Celtic at least have some excellent young players like Kieron Tierney and Dembele.

I personally think he's on a hiding to nothing there. People say he only has to topple one team....haven't Aberdeen finished above Rangers every season since they came back up?

You've also got the off the field stuff with Mike Ashley and Dave King. It really dosen't strike me as a stable football club.

I was brought up a Rangers fan but left it behind when I realised I could no longer cope with the bigotry and nonsense that came along with it. I've barely given them a thought since.

I might watch them now though to see Stevie's managerial career snuffed out in it's infancy.

Fair play Gerrard, he still a prick but ballsy move. He is coaching youths in Liverpool and hasnt once come out demanding he should get  top job like others.

This will be tough

I wonder how many players Rangers will get on loan from Liverpool next season? I'd imagine Gerrard's connections at Anfield are a huge part of why he got the job.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fair play Gerrard, he still a prick but ballsy move. He is coaching youths in Liverpool and hasnt once come out demanding he should get  top job like others.

This will be tough

True, I don't really like Gerrard much at all but as you say, at least he is a high profile England player who wants to stay in the game rather than take the easy option of being a shit pundit.

Â