Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham and Merthyr Tydfil say hello.

I don't actually want Celtic or Rangers anywhere near English football but there's a precedent for allowing it already. If they did join though they should have to do so as any other new member would and that's at the bottom of non-league football so they'd be looking at a good 7 or 8 promotions at least just to get into the football league.

If they're prepared to do that then fine, let them in, at least they'll have earned it then

well yes thats a fair point about Welsh teams but I dont think they want to earn it and expect free passage into the Premier League

• 1 month later...

In fairness to Rangers this is their first ever game in Europe and their opponent was far more experienced.

• Like 3

After their manager played up to the mob that support Sevco by banning the players wearing green boots and getting 'we are the people' plastered all over the walls at Ibrox, all I can say is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I hope they go bust again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i think we would put up a better fight than Rangers for Celtics title 

fight? I would expect us to walk that title. their best player is Scott Sinclair and regularly play Scott Brown :lol:

• Like 2

Absolutely.

If we were stuck in the Scottish League next season then I'd expect us to finish 2nd at a minimum. I genuinely think we'd be in with a good chance of winning the title.

That's not talking up our team at all. it's just that is the standard that the Scottish Prem has fallen to.

• Like 2

Yeah hard to argue with either one of you two. That league is pathetic. I even think teams on the bottem end of the scale in the championship would do better than the likes of Motherwell, Hearts and Dundee United. Dreadful league 

12 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

After their manager played up to the mob that support Sevco by banning the players wearing green boots and getting 'we are the people' plastered all over the walls at Ibrox, all I can say is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I hope they go bust again.

This.  Horrible club, getting what they deserve.  It's hilarious :D

• Like 1

Gets better for them, too.  The Supreme Court has ruled in favour of HMRC over Rangers' use of Employee Benefit Trusts.

The Supreme Court has ruled in favour of HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in its fight with Rangers over the club's use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs).

More than £47m was paid to players, managers and directors between 2001 and 2010 in tax-free loans.

However, HMRC argued the payments were earnings and should be taxable.

(Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40501361)

Â