Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

Oli Burke started off brilliantly in Leipzig.

Hope he keeps it up and gets a big move...If only so the Tartan Army can't hide behind the we've got a rubbish squad excuse.

Snodgrass has started off the prem season excellently so there's two good attackers right there.

The Scotland squad is no worse than what both Irish teams put out, it's more a mentality issue with Scotland.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Clint Hill - 47 years old.

I admire Clint HIll in a how did he ever become a top level defender type of way. when your career highlight is a Brad Guzan save then you know you have stole a living

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Senderos is decent though I'm not sure if he's having injury problems again.

I saw the highlights of the old firm derby and he was atrocious, worse than Okore and Richards vs Luton level of bad

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I admire Clint HIll in a how did he ever become a top level defender type of way. when your career highlight is a Brad Guzan save then you know you have stole a living

Chris Samba wasn't it, Hill shot over with the last kick. Great game that was.

Nah it flew just over the bar, I was right behind it in the Trinity so knew it was going over although looked like top corner from the TV.

Ref blew up straight after.

Was going to say last decent game we won at VP but we had Sunderland 6-1 soon after so were pretty spoilt in those days!

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Scottish Premier League is barely League 1 standard, utter waste of time.

It was alright in the mid to late 90s....some decent players back then like Gazza, laudrup, Moravick, Larsson etc.

Waste of time nowadays, you now it's bad when Sinclair can go straight in and score 5 goals in 6 games or whatever it is.

Time being the key word...their squad isn't good enough, the atmosphere and performance they can pull out once a CL campaign to get an impressive result isn't something they'd do 19 times a season, would take them 10 years+ to do it

Celtic fans might be a bit different because of their bit a bubble but if that kids any good he'll be a vitesse player by the time he's 18

They absolutely would be a top six club in the Premier League.  They've got a (relatively) global fanbase as is and if they were in the English Premier League then the millions of plastic paddies all around the world would support Celtic.  They'd be able to negotiate sponsorship deals which rival the biggest clubs who aren't called Manchester United and if you add that to the TV money then they'd stay up in year one and be competing for honours by year five.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like Sevco could be on their way to repeating the feat achieved by Rangers in 2012, quite a few well informed blogs and journalists suggesting major financial issues in the not to distant future, along with major repairs needed at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

Seems like Sevco could be on their way to repeating the feat achieved by Rangers in 2012, quite a few well informed blogs and journalists suggesting major financial issues in the not to distant future, along with major repairs needed at Ibrox.

I wonder why...

Oh wait...

Joey Barton - Trash
Clint Hill - 47 years old.
Kranjcar - Semi Retired playing for Cosmos.
Windass - Never played above league 2.
Garner - Couldn't score in the Champo.
Senderos - Enough said.

Has there any been a worse set of acquisitions than some of the rubbish that turned up at Rangers this season. I know the league is poor, but come on!

These words removed never **** learn. Now they are desperately trying to find any reason they can to sack Joey Barton. I almost feel sorry for the lad.

• 1 month later...

Is there a less competitive league than the Scottish top league at the moment? Celtic could play reserves and probably win the league at a canter. 

There can't be any joy in winning against sub standard opposition every week. 

• 5 months later...

one game away from an unbeaten season, miles ahead of all the others, but how decent is the side actually? Seems very hard to tell. Surely there's a point for a couple of the players where it is just too easy?

Scottish football is terrible, if you supported any other side other than Celtic why would you bother? Even Rangers are pants now.

Newcastle and Sunderland are better off joining Scottish League they would rival Celtic and make it a bit more competitive 

13 hours ago, Rodders said:

one game away from an unbeaten season, miles ahead of all the others, but how decent is the side actually? Seems very hard to tell. Surely there's a point for a couple of the players where it is just too easy?

they have Scott Sinclair as one of star players. It tells you how decent is the side ;)

Â