Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

All food should be banned from cinemas. Drinks are fine, but I shouldn't have to pay £9 to watch a film only to be disturbed by some muppet who can't go two hours without eating rustling his **** packaging and chomping away. Savages.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

All food should be banned from cinemas. Drinks are fine, but I shouldn't have to pay £9 to watch a film only to be disturbed by some muppet who can't go two hours without eating rustling his **** packaging and chomping away. Savages.

Exactly.

Imagine, you go to watch the new Star Wars, one of the most anticipated films of the decade. You've paid your tenner to get in. You're one of the first to watch it.

And you get sat next to some bloke munching on his smelly, noisy nachos and cramming a hot dog down his gob.

Apart from talking in the cinema, which should be punishable by a public flogging, eating in the cinema is the worst :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine, you go to watch the new Star Wars, one of the most anticipated films of the decade. You've paid your tenner to get in. You're one of the first to watch it.

And you get sat next to some bloke munching on his smelly, noisy nachos and cramming a hot dog down his gob.

Doubt I'll have to imagine. I'm going on the first night it's out.

I'm pretty much guaranteed to have this exact experience, trying to watch the film whilst ignoring this asshat to my left cramming nachos down his piehole whilst he hums the Imperial March between wheezy cheese-laden breaths.

I wish there were more late night viewings round here. I'd definitely go to the cinema at 2am to get away from the masses.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Here's an idea.  Cinema for watching films, restaurant for eating food.

Ta dar!

This is silly.

You don't eat what you'd eat in a restaurant in the cinema.

I can eat nachos in the cinema without making a noise. It's not the food that's the issue, it's the people who can't eat quietly.

And, to be fair, people who can't eat quietly are annoying in any situation. Not just the cinema.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is silly.

You don't eat what you'd eat in a restaurant in the cinema.

I can eat nachos in the cinema without making a noise. It's not the food that's the issue, it's the people who can't eat quietly.

And, to be fair, people who can't eat quietly are annoying in any situation. Not just the cinema.

It stinks too and it's too confined a space.  I just don't understand the desire to eat crap whilst watching a film, especially at a 300% mark up.  Eating whilst watching a film is only a thing because it's been relentlessly advertised into us, allowing cinemas to royally rip us off.

I don't go to the cinema as a rule on Fridays or Saturdays, because it's too busy.

I suggest if you're having to sit next to anyone, you're going at the wrong time.

So essentially, this "sitting next to Chum-Lee whilst he's shoveling food down his neck" is actually a myth.

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

People would eat while they eat films, regardless of whether they'r eat home or the cinema.

I don't buy that people only eat during films, even at home, because the cinema tells us to.

Nachos are a restaurant meal.

They're only eaten at the cinema because they've started selling them there.

If the cinema started selling burgers then people would eat them while watching the film.

Besides the point. I shouldn't have to avoid going to the cinema at peak times just because other people can't watch a film without stuffing their faces or not being able to shut up.

You go to the cinema to watch a film. That's the primary motive and as such people should respect the fact that's why we're here and do as little as possible to disturb other people. It's common courtesy.

Just now, Ginko said:

Besides the point. I shouldn't have to avoid going to the cinema at peak times just because other people can't watch a film without stuffing their faces or not being able to shut up.

You go to the cinema to watch a film. That's the primary motive and as such people should respect the fact that's why we're here and do as little as possible to disturb other people. It's common courtesy.

Like football fans say "I paid for the ticket, I'll enjoy it how I want, thanks very much".

I agree with you on the whole, but eating something really isn't that distracting.

As Omar says, I'll often go to the cinema, not be that bothered what I'm watching and eat sweets.

Drinking can be just as noisy as eating too.

I remember going to Apollo in Leamington when Batman Begins was out I think.  I was so looking forward to this film and was sat down ready in anticipation.  An indian couple came in late and sat next to us.  They then proceeded to pull out about 25 tiffin boxes full of very smelly food (its not racist because I'm brown and eat smelly food).  They pretty much munched through a banquet throughout the whole film. Not only loudly but stinking out the whole joint. Ruined it for me.

• Like 1

Â