Ki Sung-yueng

OkoreLoveChild

He can play deep but not in a way like Medel for Cardiff or Makélélé used to. His speciality isn't winning the ball back or being a tough tackling midfielder, although he will run about and work hard. In my opinion wherever you play him he's an offensive minded player and even if we sign him I still think that we could do with someone who's an old fashioned anchor man someone to stop oppostion teams just running through our midfield.

• Like 1

I was happy at this until I read from Kendrick on twitter that Villa ideally want to play him as a holding midfielder.

I don't even think Lambert knows what an attacking midfielder is.

Well if Lambert is informing Kendrick or whoever where he is planning on playing him, you would assume that if Ki did join, it's because he's comfortable playing that position.

Unless Kendrick is just making it up, shocking as that suggestion may seem about a sports journalist.   ;)

• Like 1

I don't understand how it's so shocking that he would play in a holding position if signed. Time after time last season we completely bypassed the midfield and hoofed it up to Benteke and Kozak because the midfield was too inept to string 3 passes together. Don't get me wrong I am big fans of Delph and Westwood but Ki would be ideal to start the attack with his creativity and exceptional vision. 

He is a holding midfielder - he's at his best when he is a pivot to recycle possession in attack and help retain possession when the opposition are pressing, coupled with the occasional burst forward. Don't think he'd work as a No.10.

Completely agree. You dont have great defensive abilities to be a holding mid. Look at Pirlo. Holding possession, having a good range of passing, and linking plays together from that position are all important. 

He can play deep but not in a way like Medel for Cardiff or Makélélé used to. His speciality isn't winning the ball back or being a tough tackling midfielder, although he will run about and work hard. In my opinion wherever you play him he's an offensive minded player and even if we sign him I still think that we could do with someone who's an old fashioned anchor man someone to stop oppostion teams just running through our midfield.

Yep!

Paul Lambert is not informing Matt Kendrick of tactics. Promise.

That is for absolute certain.

I'd be surprised if he's sharing any sort of information with Matt Kendrick.

Paul Lambert is not informing Matt Kendrick of tactics. Promise.

That is for absolute certain.

I'd be surprised if he's sharing any sort of information with Matt Kendrick

I wish he'd share some with us then.

Edited by AValon

Rule of thumb: Take whatever Kendrick writes with a big pinch of salt or simply ignore.

As I've said previously, he really isn't Someone to take notice of and is often a long way behind with the news, ie the Cole deal.

I rather suspect he has burnt his bridges with Lambert.

Rule of thumb: Take whatever Kendrick writes with a big pinch of salt or simply ignore.

Think he took a massive risk on slating the manager at the end of last season, as he honestly thought PL would be sacked, now he hasn't been lets just say it will be awkward for him to fill the Birmingham Mail with anything.

Brian Little @brianlittle912 23m

@MatKendrick any more stories from that 1 interview and I'll send an invoice for my Weekly Column !!!! Ha Ha

Yeah, Kendrick was a bit of an idiot really. He obviously thought Lambert was going to be sacked, and he must have thought a takeover was happening. 

Can't imagine Lambert or the club giving him any more info at all. Nursey seems to be quite chummy with Lambert from what he writes, I'd take what Nursey says over Kendrick every day of the week.

The brummie mail may as well get themselves a new journo to cover Villa, as Kendrick is pretty much useless now when it comes to breaking stories.

Yeah, Kendrick was a bit of an idiot really. He obviously thought Lambert was going to be sacked, and he must have thought a takeover was happening. 

Can't imagine Lambert or the club giving him any more info at all. Nursey seems to be quite chummy with Lambert from what he writes, I'd take what Nursey says over Kendrick every day of the week.

The brummie mail may as well get themselves a new journo to cover Villa, as Kendrick is pretty much useless now when it comes to breaking stories.

Well if I was Kendrick I wouldn't be to worried about my job and would be fairly sure I could last longer than Lambo in my job.

In fact Kendrick's reporting was a breath of fresh air for change rather than the sycophantic brown nosing by the likes of Nursey.

I bet Kendrick can't wait for the new season to start and see how Lambo is going to perform? Be like shooting fish in a barrel?

• Like 4