Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

did we look good enough last week to warrant the same starting line up?

new back room staff, same baffling decisions.

Which amazing players from our bench would you have brought on?

Yep thats as I see it - no options really 

• Like 1

Lamberts going for a draw

What would he have to do differently for you to think he was going for the win?

Same 11 that were dire at home last week. Warrants an unchanged side?

Lamberts going for a draw

What would he have to do differently for you to think he was going for the win?
Same 11 that were dire at home last week. Warrants an unchanged side?

I'm asking what changes you would like to see made. Which players do we have on the bench that will improve the side?

He really has built a poor squad. I just hope we can get safe so we can move on from him. need a result today.

We do have 3 arguably first team players out with long term injuries.

He really has built a poor squad. I just hope we can get safe so we can move on from him. need a result today.

It's having both Benteke and Kozák out at the same time that is killing us.

• Like 1

Yep thats as I see it - no options really 

Start Tonev and if he's playing crap bring on the eternally shit Wiemann. Shimples.

It's having both Benteke and Kozák out at the same time that is killing us.

Benteke yes, Kozak would make little difference from what I have seen him. Hold up play, flick ones etc and all round play were pretty bad despite the goals he scored. We would still look just as shite with him up front IMO.

Just seen the team and I genuinely fancy us to pull a result out of the bag today.

For the first time in a while we have no big man up front (it will be either Gabby or Weimann or both), so we will have no option other than to pass the ball around. I hope he puts Gabby right up top and we look to use his pace in behind.

Well if Guzan is going to hoof balls up to an invisible big central front man and Albrighton is going to cross balls to an invisible big central front man - you'd think we may aswell play Holt who is the only big central front man we have.

Weimann is so invisible that Tonev, Helenius, Robinson or my Nan playing instead would make a difference.

How the F*** can anyone be asking to see Tonev in a Villa shirt is beyond me, he is the worst player I can recall in 40 plus years of watching Villa, mind you there are several other in this squad who are almost as bad.

You obviously haven't been watching very closely over the last few years then...

In terms of the line-up and the coaching changes, I think we'll learn more today than we did last week.

The changes only took effect on Tuesday or Wednesday, Friday training isn't usually intense as it's the day before a match so they will have had a maximum 3 days with the players.  Not really chance to make much of an impact.

Now, though, they've had a week and a half so we'll be better able to see if the new coaches are going to have us do things differently.

Edited by NurembergVillan
  • Like 1