Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I genuinely think we will nick the 3 points tomorrow - that may be heart over head but I'm certainly gonna stick a few quid on us at 5/1!

Not sure about this Helenius injury. I was under the impression he was fit again now. Would love to see him get a game tomorrow. Keep the faith!

UTV

We normally do ok against teams like Swansea, the onus will be on them to come at us and as usual they will get 70% of the possession, so long as we keep a clean sheet or concede just 1, i reckon we can get at least a point tomorrow, but if Swansea ard clever, they should just let us have the ball and see if it confuses us.

I'm not sure what to make of Garry Monk either, he always looks like his suffering from a head cold.

Edited by Jimzk5

Can't understand why people want Holt in the starting lineup, he offers nothing

We're not exactly blessed with choices at the moment. It's not like Gabby and Weimann offer much either. FWIW I'd start Robinson, but I think he needs an experienced head alongside him, which would grudgingly have to be Holt.

Can't understand why people want Holt in the starting lineup, he offers nothing

We're not exactly blessed with choices at the moment. It's not like Gabby and Weimann offer much either. FWIW I'd start Robinson, but I think he needs an experienced head alongside him, which would grudgingly have to be Holt.

Holt is experienced yes, but that doesn't make him any more or less s**t

where you see that? His agent said hes 100% fit on twitter.

its on sky sports from a week or so ago - if i find the link i'll post it but lists all those players as 'season over'

but then wasnt there an article saying nzog was fit but wasnt playing for other reasons resently so its hard to know for sure

seems helenius is out injured until next season too...

Benteke, Kozak, Helenius, N'Zogbia, Gardner, Okore - all long term injuries.

Interesting to note people often comment on our small squad.  Was looking at our home match programmes today and we have a bigger squad than EVERY team we have played this season.

They're all shit but we DO NOT have a small squad.

Nzogbia isn't injured, he's been training for weeks but Lamberts freezing him out and stopping him training with the first team squad.

Would everyone be happy with a point in this? I would.

Seriously, I've said this before pretty much every game this season

"I'd take a point" is how I've summarised our chances every time.

Wouldn't mind reaching 38points if im honest...

Given how awful we have played in the past 5 games I would be delighted with a point. Our goal scoring threat without Benteke is below feeble. I expect, no, demand, that Gabby or Weimann step up to the plate in the last 4 games and score some f**king goals. I fear a defeat, I hope for a 1-1 draw. 

A point is better than a loss, of course, but I want all three this week. In fact I want 12 points from our remaining games. Fortunately, I am a Villa fan and I am used to being disappointed.

WEIMANN HAT TRICK. You heard it here first!

As is obvious, Swansea are exactly the sort of team that we excel against and suits our behind-the-ball tactics down to the ground. I am fairly confident of a point which will all but see us safe. I'd go with:

Guzan ▪ Bacuna Vlaar Clark Bertrand ▪ Westwood ▪ Albrighton El-Ahmadi Delph Tonev ▪ Robinson (4-1-4-1)

Edited by Isa