Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Got to play Holt if Albrighton is playing. Need a target man in the box who can do something with those crosses. I know Gabby isn't a target man but he didn't win one header last week against Southampton and looked totally out of sorts, as did Weimann.

Edited by Vincenzo
  • Like 1

Got to play Holt if Albrighton is playing. Need a target man in the box who can do something with those crosses. I know Gabby isn't a target man but he didn't win one header last week against Southampton and looked totally out of sorts, as did Weimann.

I agree about Albrighton and Holt, but what about Helenius? Still injured or not considered ready?

I don't have much confidence in an Albrighton / Gabby / Weimann link up.

If Albrighton plays to a target man I'd like to see Tonev doing the same kind of thing on the left. Looked a lot more composed the last 2 games.

I don't understand the Helenius situation. Is he not good enough? Theres no way hes not better than Bowery. Bowery has barely any mentionable attributes. He can hold up play. That's all.

Helenius seems to be good at that. Can dribble.. shoot and pass. Is it his attitude? Lambert doesn't like him? He should have done his homework on his attitude before signing him. Wenger scouts his players at their previous club to make sure their the right player.

Injury? Possibly but apparently fully fit now and hes added a few pounds according to his manager. Not ready? What and Calum Robinson is?

Falling out? Possibly. Most likely.

Two games (this and Hull) and one win needed. Hopefully we can sneak a win here but I'd take a draw to be honest. I just can't see us scoring more than once (if at all).

Edited by villa89

Hoping against hope for a win here to make us safe and allow us to relax as we wait for another sorry season to end. I would love to see Helenius involved in this one. None of our other strikers look able to score the important goals so he must be worth a go.

I agree with packing the midfield however, we've hardly been an attacking force and going 4-5-1 would only prolong this poor run.

That said, as long as the final score starts with Swansea 0 - I couldn't give a toss who PL plays or which formation!!!!

FWIW, I'd pick the following

................Guzan

Bacuna.Vlaar.Baker.Bertrand

....KEA.Westwood.Delph

Albrighton.Holt.Gabby

Subs: Steer, Lowton, Clark, Tonev, Helenius, Weimann, Robinson

Sod it, lets go all out

--------------Guzan--------------

Lowton--------Vlaar------Bertrand

------------Westwood-------------

Bacuna-----------------------Delph

---------------KEA---------------

Albrighton----Helenius-------Tonev

KEA behind the strikers to use his tackling proficiency to win balls and apply pressure in the final third.

Pace of Bacuna and Delph to provide decent coverage to attack and defend.

Albrighton is on form so give him something to aim at in Helenius (or Holt) and Tonev to do the same on the left.

Swansea 3 - 5 Villa

Swansea won last week at Newcastle, they haven't won successive games all season. Is that bad? Are they really going to go the whole season with that record on their backs?

I still think they are a decent team and I fear them, that's where we are at the moment.

Our best bet is we keep it very tight.

Guzan

Bacuna    Vlaar       Clark   Bertrand

Westwood    Kea    Delph

Alby                                    Gabby      

Helenius              

Would everyone be happy with a point in this? I would. 

Seriously, I've said this before pretty much every game this season

"I'd take a point" is how I've summarised our chances every time.

• Like 1

seems helenius is out injured until next season too...

Benteke, Kozak, Helenius, N'Zogbia, Gardner, Okore - all long term injuries.

Interesting to note people often comment on our small squad.  Was looking at our home match programmes today and we have a bigger squad than EVERY team we have played this season.

They're all shit but we DO NOT have a small squad.