New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Both excellent designs. It feels strange seeing the lion facing the other way though. Is that just me?

I really like the blue lion in the gas lamp but the round badge will no doubt win. 1874 is a lovely touch and a shame it couldn’t be added to option 1 as well. 

Edited by ferguson1

I went for the round one. Having started to support Villa in the mid 70s, the old round badge was an early memory and it was on the shirt during our greatest moment. I liked the other design but sentiment got the better of me.

1 minute ago, gaffer85 said:

Honestly think think option 1 looks more fearsome and distinctive, round one to similar to other teams, were are Aston Villa we are unique by name and should be visually as well so for me it has to be option 1

voted for 1 too. looking at the round one alongside other PL teams, there really are too many round badges around and it just looked lost in the crowd. the gas lamp stood out more for me

maybe this will be closer than we thought.

• Like 1

Option 1, even if it's not ideal. #2 aesthetically probably looks better but it's just so bland and unoriginal. We spent all this time to recreate the 80's badge? I knew this was what it'd come down to when the fans were given a vote. Was really hoping to see something unique like @Teale's 'tache's design. The "gas lamp" here is really no different from a regular shield.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Yawn to both 🥱 

Shield needs an extra something added and round badge needs extra words.

Honestly, both of these options are unbelievably bland, boring, unimaginative and say nothing about us as a club whatsoever. On the contrary it says we are boring.

Meh. 

They've been workshopping this for like a year and this is what they came up with 😂 

I like them both, however having watched the video I don't think Option 1 looks great on the kits. Can't really explain it, it just doesn't work.

So option 2 for me. It'll win by a landslide

Im a fan of neither! i feel sick looking at them… i love our current badge and its 1000x better than the two presented to us now… the very least you can do its round the current one but to change it that dark claret color it doesn’t stand out enough for me

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The 2nd ones beautiful i **** love it

The 1st is the exact opposite.  Its crazy how opposite it is for me. Its not even close

Why have two designs that are close to each other?