• Good
    • Very good
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very good

I thought shaw had Albrighton in his pocket 1st half then Albrighton was superb in the 2nd

Saw enough of shaw to see what the fuss is about, great prospect, utd, Chelsea, Liverpool will all be after him in the summer, think he'll go to the World Cup ahead of cole

I really don't know what's happened to Gabby, he's coming into what is supposed to be his best years but he's just getting worse ? Last season he single handedly won us some games when it mattered, this season he's barely shown up at all. Would certainly keep him around the squad but shouldn't be a guaranteed starter next season for me, same with Wiemann

Because his game is all best on his physicality and O'Neill ran him into the ground? Seems a bit slower and explosive already to me. Never is/was a natural finisher and hasn't really added to his game at all. If he wasn't at Villa he could well be playing for a Championship club. Nowhere near the England set up anymore,

OK. Maybe I think tactics is something different than what most. To me tactics are the way you set the team, the instructions you give, the adjustments you make. Almost everyone on here says that the opponent are "miles ahead of us" with much better talented players. Then tell me how a man who sets up no talent and directs them in a way to get a draw ranks as "average" or below on "tactics"?

If you want to argue that he bought poor quality and wasted his money, that's irrelevant to his rating on TACTICS. He set out his players with the tactics to get a point off of a time "miles ahead of us." Have some intellectual integrity and recognize that his tactics pretty much had to be brilliant given every other way posted here in which he has screwed up.

Or, those other failures are exaggerated and his tactics were average and kept us from three points. You really can't have it both ways.

• Like 2

I don't see how Albrighton got the better of Shaw.

He got crosses in, yes. That's what Alby does, day in day out. He gets the ball, he crosses. He's quite good at it, and I don't think Shaw did poorly there.

Alby was in big trouble coming back though. Shaw outran him several times and was very dangerous.

It was a good battle between the two. Enjoyable.

That speaks well of Marc. Shaw is on the trajectory to be a star, Marc is not. He is a decent player with an ability to send the ball with the right foot from out wide. It appears, from the limit appearances of him playing on the wing, that he owns that knows where he is best and plays to it. He does need a strong FB behind him because he'll give effort on the defensive end-- but effort isn't enough to make him solid while defending.

• Like 1

I don't see how Albrighton got the better of Shaw.

He got crosses in, yes. That's what Alby does, day in day out. He gets the ball, he crosses. He's quite good at it, and I don't think Shaw did poorly there.

Alby was in big trouble coming back though. Shaw outran him several times and was very dangerous.

It was a good battle between the two. Enjoyable.

That speaks well of Marc. Shaw is on the trajectory to be a star, Marc is not. He is a decent player with an ability to send the ball with the right foot from out wide. It appears, from the limit appearances of him playing on the wing, that he owns that knows where he is best and plays to it. He does need a strong FB behind him because he'll give effort on the defensive end-- but effort isn't enough to make him solid while defending.

Agreed PBVogel. Marc did very well.

Marc was our best attacking player but even then he had a woeful first half. Even in the second half he would beat his man but cross straight into the keepers arms. Him getting MOTM showed how poor we played.

Defence played well. Baker still can oass a ball though.

Soton never really kicked on after they should of taken two goals in the first ten minutes.

Hopefully we see the same lack lasture performance from swansea and Hull.

Id give Guzan MOTM for two fine saves to keep us in the game and a clean sheet

I admire the positivity. We are desperate, and at this stage of the season we are scrapping for our lives hoping that others are worse. I can easily see us not picking up any more points this season.

Hats off to the management team, you should all be ashamed.

• Like 1

Expected us to go at Southampton from the start yesterday to at least show some spirit but as always back down to earth with slap of reality. The total lack of apathy from most of the team screamed no support for the manager and the so called better players in our side disappeared for the game. Southampton have a future with their up and coming stars, three or four 18-19 year olds yesterday thought that was supposed to be villa with their young and eager 5 year plan.

Expected us to go at Southampton from the start yesterday to at least show some spirit but as always back down to earth with slap of reality. The total lack of apathy from most of the team screamed no support for the manager and the so called better players in our side disappeared for the game. Southampton have a future with their up and coming stars, three or four 18-19 year olds yesterday thought that was supposed to be villa with their young and eager 5 year plan.

I have to disagree. I thought yesterday that they played for the manager and did their best. What is probably worse, is that most of the team is just not good enough to do anything better than trying to stay up every year.

......a point from the gods.....thank you.

OK. Maybe I think tactics is something different than what most. To me tactics are the way you set the team, the instructions you give, the adjustments you make. Almost everyone on here says that the opponent are "miles ahead of us" with much better talented players. Then tell me how a man who sets up no talent and directs them in a way to get a draw ranks as "average" or below on "tactics"?

If you want to argue that he bought poor quality and wasted his money, that's irrelevant to his rating on TACTICS. He set out his players with the tactics to get a point off of a time "miles ahead of us." Have some intellectual integrity and recognize that his tactics pretty much had to be brilliant given every other way posted here in which he has screwed up.

Or, those other failures are exaggerated and his tactics were average and kept us from three points. You really can't have it both ways.

or Southampton simply screwed up in front of goal.

I thought we was very fortunate, yesterday , but will agree with PL  it was a huge point.

its anyones opinion.

We'll see what happens to them after they sell those players to pay their debts.

I wish we would show a total lack of apathy!

Edited by pacbuddies

We'll see what happens to them after they sell those players to pay their debts.

On top of that Shaw is really the only one that is actually playing regularly. Pretty sure with David Moyes in attendance yesterday it's clear the sort of direction he's heading. Ward-Prowse was in yesterday because of Rodriguez's injury and Gallagher and Reed's inclusion is about as significant as us playing Robinson.

Southampton have had a great year, a few players coming into their prime (Seemingly Shaw, Rodriguez & Lallana) and likely to be looking at summer moves. Yet they are still only 8th and behind Man Utd despite all their issues. Shows how far we have to go before we can even think about European football again. 

Â