• Good
    • Very good
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very good

Our strikers just aren't showing up, and it's making everything else look a lot worse. Albrighton put so many good balls into the box today, that no-one even attempted to get on.

Yeah, I think they really need to drop Weimann and Gabby and play Robinson and Tonev who have at least tried.

• Like 2

Hearing a lot of praise for Luke Shaw today, thought he looked a total thug of a player and made Albrighton look like a world beater.

I'd take the other side of this opinion Jon c.

Edited by AVTuco

Our strikers just aren't showing up, and it's making everything else look a lot worse. Albrighton put so many good balls into the box today, that no-one even attempted to get on.

Yeah, I think they really need to drop Weimann and Gabby and play Robinson and Tonev who have at least tried.

Weimann looks like he has an hamstring problem so maybe a chance for Robinson. He looked bright when he came on.

Albrighton played well would have taken a point before. Who was playing up front for us in the middle?? Nobody was ever there when the crosses came in. First half we were our usual shit selves. Second half more tidy and purpose. But we don't look like scoring a goal at all without Bentke. 

Gabby.  Watch him on motd later when Boruc mis-kicks and El Ahmadi gets through, Gabby is behind him just standing there.  I don't think Gabby should ever be playing as a striker and his future is definitely as a winger.

On a slightly happier note, I just text my Saints fan mate, asking who's getting the beers in (who ever team wins normally gets them in)? He's won 17 pints on the beer draw, so the beers are on him!  

First half was woeful but some signs of encouragement in the second. Albrighton was brilliant at times today, nice to hear the commentators pick up on it and give him a bit of praise. Bertrand played very well, Vlaar was solid and I thought Westwood had a good game. Clean sheet for Guzan as well. Gabby and Andi completely not good enough but that could've been a lot worse today.

Albrighton MOTM, by some way

Albrighton played well would have taken a point before. Who was playing up front for us in the middle?? Nobody was ever there when the crosses came in. First half we were our usual shit selves. Second half more tidy and purpose. But we don't look like scoring a goal at all without Bentke. 

Gabby.  Watch him on motd later when Boruc mis-kicks and El Ahmadi gets through, Gabby is behind him just standing there.  I don't think Gabby should ever be playing as a striker and his future is definitely as a winger.

but he's a dreadful winger

Weimann looks like he has an hamstring problem so maybe a chance for Robinson. He looked bright when he came on.

I don't want to judge Callum by this performance. I'm sure he can do better.

On a slightly happier note, I just text my Saints fan mate, asking who's getting the beers in (who ever team wins normally gets them in)? He's won 17 pints on the beer draw, so the beers are on him!

I'm on my way up, what pub you going too be in.
  • Like 1

Thought we were incredibly lucky to come away with a point. But I'll definitely take it. Our ball retention is absolutely shocking. Marc was very lively, best player by a country mile.

Still incredibly nervous about relegation, just don't see where we're going to get a goal from.

Gabby's a better winger than striker that's for sure (not saying much) Seems to have lost his pace too.

For all the excessive masturbation about Luke Shaw, he didn't half let Albrighton get some crosses in. I enjoyed that battle. Our opponents in the World Cup will enjoy it more.

Edited by supernova26

Most important thing was nobody below us won. They are running out of games to overtake us and as a result I think we are safe.  But we were bloody awful again. 

• Like 2

I'm on my way up, what pub you going too be in.

Tell you what mate, you'd love it up here. The vacuum cleaners are right dirty slags!  ;)

but he's a dreadful winger

He is just dreadful full stop

• Like 1

Good battling draw, probably just about deserved a point as Saints didn't do much with their possession except in the first five minutes when Lambert came close twice.

Albrighton easily MOTM, he had Luke Shaw in his back pocket although Luke Shaw also had a decent game going forward which made the battle between them two interesting to watch. 

I said after the win against Chelsea that we'd made progress on last season. With my tail between my legs I take that statement back, we've stayed the same and I think that is solely down to Lambert's poor dealings in the transfer market. Only Leandro Bacuna and Betrand have looked good signings (not including Okore who probably would have been good) whilst the rest such as Tonev and Helenius have been a complete waste of time.

Having said that, I still have faith in Lambert and am a believer of continuity. There's no manager out there right now who could do a better job so we should stick with him as I still see potential in this team.  

Edited by andymac12345
  • Like 1

His future shouldn't be at this club.

Â