• Good
    • Very good
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very good

Most important thing was nobody below us won. They are running out of games to overtake us and as a result I think we are safe.  But we were bloody awful again. 

Apart from Sunderland, but I agree

I really don't know what's happened to Gabby, he's coming into what is supposed to be his best years but he's just getting worse ? Last season he single handedly won us some games when it mattered, this season he's barely shown up at all. Would certainly keep him around the squad but shouldn't be a guaranteed starter next season for me, same with Wiemann

A point nearer safety. Albrighton, Bertrand, Vlaar and Westwood played well. Another poor showing by Gabby. Late on he had a chance to run at the defence and just slowed everything down... Luke Shaw is a must for the World cup. What a great young player he is.

Were you there? He was hopeless. Albrighton did him time after time, and he's rubbish!

A point nearer safety. Albrighton, Bertrand, Vlaar and Westwood played well. Another poor showing by Gabby. Late on he had a chance to run at the defence and just slowed everything down... Luke Shaw is a must for the World cup. What a great young player he is.

Were you there? He was hopeless. Albrighton did him time after time, and he's rubbish!

He is very good coming forward. Suspect at the back. Probably still better than all our full backs put together though.

He's also only 18, bit odd to completely write him off after one performance.

Southampton have some of the most overrated players around - Lambert, Lallana, Shaw. What did they do against a p**s poor Villa? I can't see us winning the World Cup can you?

Southampton have some of the most overrated players around - Lambert, Lallana, Shaw. What did they do against a p**s poor Villa? I can't see us winning the World Cup can you?

England aren't able to win a world cup whoever plays, I don't know why you're randomly having a go at those three players who have performed very well and consistently over the season. They deserve their England calls, they aren't from a big fashionable club, good luck to them. Luke Shaw is 18, it's impossible for him to play at his highest ability every game as he hasn't even developed yet, the lad has potential but there will be days when wingers will give him a tough time, that's how it goes. 

Lallana was excellent today, his movement off the ball was first class.

Lallana has been fantastic all season and I have high hopes for him in Brazil. Shaw is going to be a star and Lambert has been brilliant for them. Rodriguez and Wanyama are also very good. As is Lovren. No, they are not overrated, they are a very good side.

Edited by One For The Road

Lallana was excellent today, his movement off the ball was first class.

I wouldn't have said excellent. He was one of their more dangerous players but compared to Delph, who is a similar player, I thought he was second best.

Lallana is a class player and although allbrighton had a lot of success against Shaw but from an attacking point of view theres not a better fullback around.. He just keeps bombing forward, great pace. just how good will Shaw become?

I don't see how Albrighton got the better of Shaw.

He got crosses in, yes. That's what Alby does, day in day out. He gets the ball, he crosses. He's quite good at it, and I don't think Shaw did poorly there.

Alby was in big trouble coming back though. Shaw outran him several times and was very dangerous.

It was a good battle between the two. Enjoyable.

• Like 1

Â