Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

• 3 weeks later...

Grimsby fans screaming for him to be included in the side for Saturday,  after another assured display for England u20s . I really hope this kid fulfills his potential, and,  fingers crossed, he does it with us. His composure on the ball is a breath of fresh air which God would be proud of. What's more, he's one of our own.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Grimsby fans screaming for him to be included in the side for Saturday,  after another assured display for England u20s . I really hope this kid fulfills his potential, and,  fingers crossed, he does it with us. His composure on the ball is a breath of fresh air which God would be proud of. What's more, he's one of our own.

Seems him and Bedeau have the potential to be our future CB rocks.

I think players develop at different speeds - Easeh is taking his time in filling out his frame, but he's a fair bit bigger now than he was last year. Last year was too early for him to go out on loan - he's assured, calm, a good footballer, good off the ball, makes good decisions, all of those things you want from a centre back, but this time last year he was simply too slight to be playing league football. This year he's got a chance on loan of playing some games and he might be able to take that chance.

It might take him another year, or another two to get to where he needs to be physically. He might not get there at all. The thing is that the risk is worth the patience for the club at the moment, because if you could put all his current qualities in a physique that can fight off big strong championship strikers, he'd be a very good player indeed. 

For me, he's good but not right for the championship yet - but he's got enough about him to be worth waiting for just in case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Suliman is captain?

Surely he must at least be good enough for our bench, or am I just easily impressed?

I’ve not seen the youth team but I’d hazard a guess at not ready yet. Youth football, even at international level is a fair way from championship level football. Suliman has been out on loan at a lower level and can barely get a look in. 

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is easily, he is excellent, I think the same about Mitchell Clark

SGC you say a lot of our youth are excellent. Whilst they may have a lot of potential, they are still a million miles away from a first team place, especially in a critical position like cb.

Clark did decently at lb in the cup game, but cb would be too much a risk. I’d prefer them both to get more games on loan before being trusted in key positions in key games.

• Like 1

The crucial part that physicality plays cannont be underestimated.....as OBE has explained.

We watch these kids with ability in mind ( in the main) but its only a part of it ,albeit an important one.

Edited by TRO

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/03/2018 at 23:37, TRO said:

The crucial part that physicality plays cannont be underestimated.....as OBE has explained.

We watch these kids with ability in mind ( in the main) but its only a part of it ,albeit an important one.

If the refs in the Championship weren't so keen on letting players get away with studs up, over the ball, late, blatant shoves, leaving a leg in, all sorts of stuff that should have gone out the game with Souness' retirement, then it would tip the scales away from physical presence towards talent. Something I'm all for :)

On 31/03/2017 at 21:50, VillaChris said:

Word from Cheltenham was he was nowhere near ready for the physicality of league two so they ditched him after a few games.

On 01/04/2017 at 05:08, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to what?

A bit of quote necromancy, but what Chris said is exactly right.  One of the Cheltenham Town shareholders is a retired lawyer who was the senior partner in a big legal firm in the Cayman Islands.  I had lunch with him last year, and when I said I was a Villa fan we got on to talking about football.  He told me that they could see that Suliman was a decent player ability wise, but that he was nowhere near ready physically, so they sent him back from his loan early.  

16 hours ago, romavillan said:

If the refs in the Championship weren't so keen on letting players get away with studs up, over the ball, late, blatant shoves, leaving a leg in, all sorts of stuff that should have gone out the game with Souness' retirement, then it would tip the scales away from physical presence towards talent. Something I'm all for :)

yes that's the extreme end of it......but there is a legitimate side too.

but anyway, you have to adapt to what the game is.....not what it should be like.

PS oh for another Souness, yes please.

Edited by TRO

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Â