$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Did this go under the radar on the 7th June?

Mr Tevfik Arif has today asked us to make it clear that other than being an avid sports fan himself, he: has no experience of running football clubs; has never met Randy Lerner; and neither he, nor any members of his family, or anyone acting on his behalf has any interest in acquiring Aston Villa Football Club; in addition, he has no involvement in any sports related businesses. We are happy to set out Mr Arif’s position.

I see this and I raise you February 2nd:

"I can categorically confirm that Aston Villa Football Club has absolutely not been put up for sale and that Randy Lerner is not actively looking to sell the club.

You never know what can change in a week or two. Or what was bullshit from the start.

• Like 3

Did this go under the radar on the 7th June?

Mr Tevfik Arif has today asked us to make it clear that other than being an avid sports fan himself, he: has no experience of running football clubs; has never met Randy Lerner; and neither he, nor any members of his family, or anyone acting on his behalf has any interest in acquiring Aston Villa Football Club; in addition, he has no involvement in any sports related businesses. We are happy to set out Mr Arif’s position.

I see this and I raise you February 2nd:

"I can categorically confirm that Aston Villa Football Club has absolutely not been put up for sale and that Randy Lerner is not actively looking to sell the club.

You never know what can change in a week or two. Or what was bullshit from the start.

Haha, I'm not saying the statement is true or false, just wondering if anybody else had seen/posted it. I find it interesting that he would even come out to deny any interest, especially if it was just made up rubbish from Twitter etc.

I'm going to guess that Russ Lynch will release a full article in relation to that statement tomorrow anyway.

• Like 1

Russ said that he will give us further details on Arif's interest which has now ceased. Further some goodish news about our finances which he has to run past Villa first before publishing

Russ said that he will give us further details on Arif's interest which has now ceased. Further some goodish news about our finances which he has to run past Villa first before publishing

Where did he say Arif's interest has 'now ceased'? 

Well he said this recently,

Russ Lynch @russ_lynch  ·  Jun 5

To all Villa fans: Tevfik Arif says he "has no interest" in the club. Denial wording doesn't exclude earlier interest.

which sounds like he was interested but isn't now.

Well he said this recently,

Russ Lynch @russ_lynch  ·  Jun 5

To all Villa fans: Tevfik Arif says he "has no interest" in the club. Denial wording doesn't exclude earlier interest.

which sounds like he was interested but isn't now.

See the paragraph that Russ Lynch put in his article the other day, I posted it further up the page. Seems like he was never interested, rather than ending his interested (if we are to believe it).

• Like 1

I think Lynch was trying to keep some of his credibility by wording his tweet like that. Clearly Arif was never interested and that's why he was forced to update the article in the end.

Edit: Interesting that Mr. Arif denies any involvement in any "sports related businesses" though.

Edited by Isa

Edit: Interesting that Mr. Arif denies any involvement in any "sports related businesses" though.

I thought Arif was involved with a sports group?  :detect:

Yep, can't be bothered to go back through all the stuff I read but he was definitely known to be involved with Doyen.

• Like 1

With regards to Lerner's original statement, I still feel his hand was forced somewhat by the speculation surrounding the club and the fan unrest. So I understand why he made the statement; I just don't understand why he said what he did. Essentially saying "I'm sick of running this club, give me 200 million for it please" doesn't sound like a great sales pitch. It reminds me of Mr Burns buying his power plant back from the Germans: "You are desperate to buy? What a coincidence, we are desperate to sell!"

• Like 1

long way off. We are getting an assistant manager to PL and he is bringing in players. Theres nothing in the offing as of today. That you don't need to be ITK to figure out.

• Like 1

The two free transfers recently, tells me that there is nothing in the pipeline regarding a takeover.

I disagree. I think the takeover has already happened, we're just being kept in the dark and those 2 marquee signings are the start of our Bosman Bonanza. The 25k a week wages proves the new owner is already flexing his financial muscle.