$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Google it. Terms of gaining custody. Anyway this is OT. Back to the takeover.

what the owner is ot in the takeover thread - lol

have googled cant find anything that legally restricts randy's travel movements - not that I would expect to find details of his divorce settlement on line - as we know he is a very private man.

pretty sure if Randy wanted to attend half a dozen home games a season - there is no law restricting him....where there is will there is a way

"Anyway, he has to spend at least 6 months every year in Ohio due to the terms of his divorce settlement. 3 of his 4 kids are living with his ex-wife in NYC while he has custody of the fourth. He spends most of the week in Cleveland with the fourth kid, and then goes to NYC to see his other kids at the weekend". Thanks for that jamesbuchanan. It offers a reason he may have been a less frequent visitor than he once was but given he has made trips over and been at Bodymoor Heath more than a few times I would have thought he could have made the odd game. I guess the reception he might have anticipated getting having cut the purse strings might have been what kept him away.   

Well, back on topic, it looks like its either going to be an American or Middle Eastern takeover.

Inflated ego against inflated personal wealth?

Whichever way it goes, its gonna be a bumpy ride.I

Does it? Looks more like it's going to be no takeover to me.

Well, there will be at some point.....just when is another matter.

A few people mentioning on TBAR before that they heard a British consortium was interested one of them seemed to reckon that they would be allowed to pay installments. I still gots the feeling they'll come from the Middle East.

"one of them seemed to reckon that they would be allowed to pay installments." If that was the case it would suggest there would be a similar transfer spending policy in place whilst they saved the money to pay Randy back useless. I think we can do better. There are clubs available for less so they might want to look at buying one of them.    

• Like 1

A few people mentioning on TBAR before that they heard a British consortium was interested one of them seemed to reckon that they would be allowed to pay installments. I still gots the feeling they'll come from the Middle East.

I think they have just got that from some random bloke who was saying the same on Twitter.

• Like 1

Just get out of our club, we were better off with Doug.

Doug was at a point where he had to go but his last year was better than the last 3 we've had under Lerner.

Each are bad but for different reasons. At least Lerner has looked after the heritage and history which keeps him light years ahead of Doug.
TBH I buy a season ticket to watch the team and how they perform and the results they get is the main concern for me. My time watching villa under Doug was more enjoyable than watching villa under Lerner.
Would you be happy with someone like Red Bull buying us then BJ10? Someone who would really try to make us successful, but would change the colours, crest and stadium name.

Probably no truth in it anyhow. Omariqy who posts on here was one to mention that he'd such a rumour not the part about paying in installments just about there being a UK consortium interested. Just waiting for Russ Lynch to come through with his news.

Doug was at a point where he had to go but his last year was better than the last 3 we've had under Lerner.

Each are bad but for different reasons. At least Lerner has looked after the heritage and history which keeps him light years ahead of Doug.
TBH I buy a season ticket to watch the team and how they perform and the results they get is the main concern for me. My time watching villa under Doug was more enjoyable than watching villa under Lerner.
Would you be happy with someone like Red Bull buying us then BJ10? Someone who would really try to make us successful, but would change the colours, crest and stadium name.

It would depend on how much they changed.

have googled cant find anything that legally restricts randy's travel movements - not that I would expect to find details of his divorce settlement on line - as we know he is a very private man.

pretty sure if Randy wanted to attend half a dozen home games a season - there is no law restricting him....where there is will there is a way

It's entirely possible that, in light of his divorce, his family commitments became a lot more important to him. Certainly, his personal circumstances changed considerably following the first four years of his period in charge. Whatever we as fans think, family > business.

Have a couple of links from a cursory google...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080499/What-wrong-Villa-How-Randy-Lerners-dream-turning-nightmare.html

http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/the-custodian/Content?oid=2805785

I know you're asking John the question but why would it have to mean drastic changes to the heritage of a club for us to be successful? Stadium name to be changed yes. But why colours and crest?

Should we be grateful to Lerner for not changing any of this?

We are already a small brand in world football.

It's entirely possible that, in light of his divorce, his family commitments became a lot more important to him. Certainly, his personal circumstances changed considerably following the first four years of his period in charge. Whatever we as fans think, family > business.

Have a couple of links from a cursory google...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080499/What-wrong-Villa-How-Randy-Lerners-dream-turning-nightmare.html

http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/the-custodian/Content?oid=2805785

Even if he has legit reasons for not attending games it doesn't mean the club has to be run badly.

It wouldn't :S I'm just responding to BJ10s post, where someone said that Lerner looked after the heritage more than Doug, but BJ10 responded that he is more concerned about results. (it's all there, in the post you quoted.. .)

• Like 1

what the owner is ot in the takeover thread - lolhave googled cant find anything that legally restricts randy's travel movements - not that I would expect to find details of his divorce settlement on line - as we know he is a very private man.pretty sure if Randy wanted to attend half a dozen home games a season - there is no law restricting him....where there is will there is a way

It's entirely possible that, in light of his divorce, his family commitments became a lot more important to him. Certainly, his personal circumstances changed considerably following the first four years of his period in charge. Whatever we as fans think, family > business. Have a couple of links from a cursory google... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080499/What-wrong-Villa-How-Randy-Lerners-dream-turning-nightmare.html http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/the-custodian/Content?oid=2805785

stil cant find anything in those articles - stating the terms of custody agreement limit his travel outside of Ohio - most it says is he must spend 6 months there for personal reasons - but i doubt he is legally bound to do so

It wouldn't :S I'm just responding to BJ10s post, where someone said that Lerner looked after the heritage more than Doug, but BJ10 responded that he is more concerned about results. (it's all there, in the post you quoted.. .)

Fair enough mate. I just don't understand how people say Lerner has protected the heritage of our club just because he hasn't done what somebody like red bull may do.

Are we supposed to thank him for that?

Edited by Amo69

No not at all, but I'm glad he's not leaving us with a 'Randy Lerner Stand'.

Haha good point. But it does go to show that as time goes by it's easy to forget about the name of a stand and not think anything of it. May as well make some money at the same time.