$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Probably no truth in it anyhow. Omariqy who posts on here was one to mention that he'd such a rumour not the part about paying in installments just about there being a UK consortium interested. Just waiting for Russ Lynch to come through with his news.

Yup heard there is British interest. Not what we need though IMO. Won't be enough to take us forward.
  • Like 1

I want us to be taken over by Elon Musk

The bloke really is a wild entrepreneur he;s already talking about sending expeditions to mars building hyperloops and shit

His net worth is constantly on the rise and sitting currently at 12 bill

We could also get sponsored by his own company SpaceX or Tesla motors

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

The bloke really is a wild entrepreneur he;s already talking about sending expeditions to mars building hyperloops and shit

I am long past wanting some multi-Billionaire owner. Over the last few months I have come to the conclusion that they are all clearings in the woods who will always be self interested and only treat AVFC as an extension of their already inflated egos. I just want someone who truly LOVES AVFC.

In fact I find it hard to stomach the way so many fans are willing to almost sell their souls for the want of some rich owner, irrespective of their background or morals, in the quest for honours. Sadly PL clubs are nothing more than pounds of flesh to be traded between rich wan-kers.

I know all the arguments etc etc - this is just how I feel.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

I am long past wanting some multi-Billionaire owner. Over the last few months I have come to the conclusion that they are all clearings in the woods who will always be self interested and only treat AVFC as extension of their already inflated egos. I just want some who truly LOVES AVFC.

In fact I find it hard to stomach the way so many fans are willing to almost sell their souls for the want of some rich owner, irrespective of their background or morals, in the quest for honours. Sadly PL clubs are nothing more than pounds of flesh to be traded between rich wan-kers.

Kind of see where you are coming from. Which is why I asked before would relegation be so bad? Edited by Amo69

I am long past wanting some multi-Billionaire owner. Over the last few months I have come to the conclusion that they are all clearings in the woods who will always be self interested and only treat AVFC as extension of their already inflated egos. I just want some who truly LOVES AVFC.

Kind of see where you are coming from. Which is why I asked before would relegation be so bad?
Having experienced it several times, relegation is always "bad" in the extreme and wouldn't recommend it.

I am just saddened by the fact that our survival/success/destiny will always inevitably be in hands of some wealthy individual for no other reason than their self gratification. Before anyone piles in, I see little alternative and offer no other solutions - this is reality for PL football clubs. But if we are eventually purchased by some rich oligarch, Arab or American, I am not going to jump for joy.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

I am long past wanting some multi-Billionaire owner. Over the last few months I have come to the conclusion that they are all clearings in the woods who will always be self interested and only treat AVFC as an extension of their already inflated egos. I just want someone who truly LOVES AVFC.

Stand by to feel disappointed.......or elated depending on your point of view, when the bloke who has the local Big John's Franchise puts his winning bid in......

Kind of see where you are coming from. Which is why I asked before would relegation be so bad?
Having experienced it several times, relegation is always "bad" in the extreme and wouldn't recommend it.

I am just saddened by the fact that our survival/success/destiny will always inevitably be in hands of some wealthy individual for no other reason than their self gratification. Before anyone piles in, I see little alternative and offer no other solutions - this is reality for PL football clubs. But if we are eventually purchased by some rich oligarch, Arab or American, I am not going to jump for joy.

I suppose I've only supported us a premier league team so can't talk about other experiences. But what is the enjoyment in supporting a team that loses the majority of games at home each season? The sole purpose each year being to not get out classed too much and scrape a few point here and so we can survive and do it all again. At least if we went down we would win things and have something to play for.

Seriously what is the point of supporting a Premier League team these days unless you are one of the elite?

I don't think this time around its going to be an easy sale.

last time, it was an attractive proposition....not now.

Not saying we're an attractive proposition but how the hell are we a less attractive proposition now than we were in 2006?

I think it's an attractive sale, the fans are so passionate that they mostly come off as moaning words removed, we deserve better! The area in the next 5 years will boom, loads of businesses will come into the area with the area change that is coming, the ground, the training facilities are amongst the best in the world.

We're just missing a few players to make the team (tongue in cheek GREAT) and a manager that can win games.

We aren't missing much....FFS we're Aston Villa, the pride of the second city!

• Like 2

I agree with the 1st line TRO but I'm wondering what you feel is the difference between then and now?

Money obviously as the difference between what RL paid and is now selling at today is considerable, playing staff was probably better then but nothing to shout about.

Not looking for any argument TRO just your reasons out of interest.

Not saying we're an attractive proposition but how the hell are we a less attractive proposition now than we were in 2006?

Cost a lot less and much higher chance of making Champions League. No farcical rules such as FFP to restrict an owners spending either.

I know there is the new TV deal and inflation to consider. Plus the money spent on training ground etc. But taking all that in to account are we really worth nearly 3 times more than what we were back then?

Cost a lot less and much higher chance of making Champions League. No farcical rules such as FFP to restrict an owners spending either.

I know there is the new TV deal and inflation to consider. Plus the money spent on training ground etc. But taking all that in to account are we really worth nearly 3 times more than what we were back then?

There's also a lot more TV money these days so it works both ways. We weren't particularly more attractive, it was just easier to break into the top 6 back then.

I'm not sure if we're worth 3 times more than we were back then (although it's probably not that far off) but that wasn't my point.

• Like 1

Kinda fascinated by the last few pages about us keeping our soul and the "villa heritage"

I'm 44. Seen us win league and european cup. Seen us relegated.

Maybe I'm the only one tired of just existing as a club. I'd live red bull to buy us....they can change the stadium name...change the shirt colour....call us aston red **** bull...I don't care....as long as we're challenging again!

Just drifting along and making up the numbers is pointless. ...its like the scottish league for god sake! I want 30 million pound signings....man city were shit, they're the poxy second club in manchester....theyre the manc baggies for Christ sake!

• Like 2

i'm all for change apart from team name and colours, there are things that can be accepted but the two i mentioned makes us who we are and where we come from. change the name of the ground but one stand name should remain unchanged! need i say more.......UTV

• Like 1

The last person who 'tuely loved AVFC' was Deadly Doug, and look how that turned out. He wouldn't leave, even long after his sell by date. He was like one of those farts when you have eaten too many beans and eggs and it lingers there for too long. So long that when someone else eventually turns up to show interest, they are so repulsed that they turn right back round and walk the other way, shaking their head in disgust. Be careful what you wish for! ;)

The last person who 'truely loved Deadly Doug' was Deadly Doug, and look how that turned out. He wouldn't leave, even long after his sell by date. He was like one of those farts when you have eaten too many beans and eggs and it lingers there for too long. So long that when someone else eventually turns up to show interest, they are so repulsed that they turn right back round and walk the other way, shaking their head in disgust. Be careful what you wish for! ;)

Fixed for you ;-)

• Like 2

Which is fair enough if that's how you feel. Personally I want someone who knows what they're doing in terms of running a club well, to make it the best it can be.

Like you, I'm less fussed about billionaires or the super-rich. I've always been the same really, I don't want the club to be someone's toy, or someone's ego-prop, I want someone to run it well and for the right reasons. That's way more important than how wealthy they are, to me.

If someone wants to throw their money at it, then fine, as long as they don't burden the club with obligations, or dispose of it's assets - the ground, training ground etc.

Just cherish and take good care of it, for it's own sake.

• Like 1