$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm starting to suspect it's not Larry after all. Or any other superbillionaire.

They wouldn't need to whack down the price for a petty twenty million or so, would they?

Oh they would trust me. My bro is a millionaire and I have a fair few as clients and they are the tightest bunch I've ever had to deal with. Seriously watch every penny and want to squeeze every last bit of value out for their pound/dollar.
So you're saying it could be Larry after all!!

I feel much better, thank you.

Edited by AVTuco

Don't know if it means anything but betfair and william hill have outfight refused to give me a price on Joshua Harris being the new owners after contacting there settlers

Matt Law already squashed that one yesterday. That was the only link to Harris, wasn't it?

Got to love the different way people interpret the same information.

Information - info is PR Spin/ info isn't the whole story/ info is 100% accurate. The information doesn't change just the different views on it based on previous speculation.

It's interesting reading all the different views and speculation but the only thing I take for a fact is that we are for sale with no timescale on if and when we'll be sold.

• Like 1

I'm not worried.

I've been worried a lot in the past 4 years.

I've been worried about the managers we've hired, I've been worried about our wage bill, I've been worried about selling our better players, I've been worried about the calibre of players we have been bringing in, I've been worried about tactics, I've been worried about the style of football, I've worried about relegation, I've worried about ordering chips from Villa Park again after once finding a hair in them.

What I'm not worried about is that the man largely responsible for all of that is selling the club because "his heart is no longer in it". Well, my heart is still very much in it and the sooner he leaves the better. Bring it on.

I think that I was more worried in the first 4 years of Randy Lerner's tenure, because it was fairly obvious early on that we were in a car crash situation, with a psychopath at the wheel. The psychopath jumped out as the vehicle was hurtling along and we have been in intensive care ever since.

From here, surely things can only get better.

Don't know if it means anything but betfair and william hill have outfight refused to give me a price on Joshua Harris being the new owners after contacting there settlers

As a matter of interest, will they give a price on anyone being the next owner?

If they would, then it may be relevant, but I suspect that they are just not taking bets.

Remember its been 4 weeks since this thread started,lets say negotians started a week prior to that,thats 5 weeks and not a dickie bird,not to mention Lerner came out and said the club IS FOR SALE.

5 weeks is nothing in a takeover. The due diligence alone takes forever and a day. No one ever rushes these things until there is inevitable last minute panic to get things done.

Actually, if you read the statement, it just states that he will sell the club - it didn't mention anything about it being just for the sale, or being in process to be sold. The statement itself is very carefully worded not to give away anything on purpose.

This be true. It is so convoluted and cryptic - ultimate troll statement - then to be followed by the motherload of all baulderdashing chit-chat ever to be utter with DaGenerals statement!! Jeez

My guess: Lerner has had a buyer lined up for some time but is merely considering his or her bid. Perhaps he feels that the club could do better. So, he has publicly stated that the club is for sale to tempt any other potential buyers to come forward now, and see if they are a better fit.

Or as auctioneers put it: Going Once...

My guess: Lerner has had a buyer lined up for some time but is merely considering his or her bid. Perhaps he feels that the club could do better. So, he has publicly stated that the club is for sale to tempt any other potential buyers to come forward now, and see if they are a better fit.

My Guess - Lerner has been toting us around for ages - with no takers

Has now got BOA on board - to widen and speed up the search

Lambert isn't keen to work with meagre resources in the event of buyer not being found in the next few weeks - Thats what he's telling Lerner now. Lerner would be reluctant to let Lambert resign - as he has never find managerial appointments easy - and trying to find a new manager, days after putting us up for sale would be extremely difficult. So they are discussing the smallest budget that PL will work with. 

All my best guesses of course

• Like 1

Lambert isn't keen to work with meagre resources in the event of buyer not being found in the next few weeks - Thats what he's telling Lerner now. Lerner would be reluctant to let Lambert resign - as he has never find managerial appointments easy - and trying to find a new manager, days after putting us up for sale would be extremely difficult. So they are discussing the smallest budget that PL will work with. 

BOA are more closers than finders from my understanding

• Like 1

BOA are more closers than finders from my understanding

Yes - Ive heard that a few times - Howard Hodgson said it recently - Wouldn't BOA have a finders department ?  [is that what Merchant Banks do ?]

Would they give you a price on anyone?

we'll Know a lot more When lAmbert's positioN is cleared up. I do wish it had worked out for him, it still may if new owners come in and let him spend some money. Though it's unlikely.

Lambert hasn't done a bad job at all given the range of players he's been able to chose from. Even Eck was able to sign Given, Hutton, and Zog who are a world away from Bacuna, Tonev, Sylla etc.

In fact, Vlaar, Okore, Benteke, El Ahmadi , Westwood, Lowton, Guzan (semi faceous but he was off). He's signed some good players and has been unlucky with injuries/individual errors.

Best case scenario for me, Billionaire backs Lambert but doesn't want to do a Man City. He's happy to spend each season to keep us competing with the top 8 and slowly grow us into a real force. Lambert who I think is a likeable bloke keeps his job and the soul doesn't get sucked out of our club.

So if he pumps in loads of money but we still don't make top 4 it's fine. But if we do make top 4 or even win the league then we lose our soul? Edited by Amo69