$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Paul Lambert - 'I'll have the sirloin steak please'

Randy Lerner - 'no you bloody won't at that price. Don't you know I'm cost cutting!'

More likley to talk about compensation

PL "Well Randy there's £2m left on my contract"

RL "Yes but times are hard, and you did waste £3m on Tonev - shall we call it quits at Egg and Chips on me"

I could eat egg and chips haven't had that in years

I'd be very surprised if an entire restaurant was closed for 3 people to have a meeting.

Must keep calm, must keep calm.

Kababish in Sutton closed one Sunday evening when Robbie Williams turned up and asked them to do so.

That's why I have never been there since.

Yes but that's Robbie Williams in a "restaurant" in the UK. This is apparently 2 blokes that nobody will recognise and the person who owns the restaurant. I don't believe that it is just the 3 of them there.

"Oh my god Cleetus it's Paul Lambert and Paul Faulkner. Quick, get my camera so I can takes me a picture."

No wonder Lerner is losing money if he closes the restaurant every time he eats there. :)

It's not about recognising, Randy is a private person as it is. If we have found out that a meeting is taking place there, no doubt the press will and if it was a open restaurant, they wouldn't know who is who i.e. press.

The Hamptons is pretty well stuffed with multi-millionaires, as it's where the loaded people of New York have holiday homes.  Think of it as Cornwall and London.

Paul Lambert - 'I'll have the sirloin steak please'

Randy Lerner - 'no you bloody won't at that price. Don't you know I'm cost cutting!'

More likley to talk about compensation

PL "Well Randy there's £2m left on my contract"

RL "Yes but times are hard, and you did waste £3m on Tonev - shall we call it quits at Egg and Chips on me"

I could eat egg and chips haven't had that in years

I'd take that actually, only with a piece of ham thrown in as well.

• Like 1

There would be no need for Lambert to talk to Lerner unless the new owners were present or had made their intentions ("we don't want Lambert as manager, get rid of him before we come in") known to Lerner.

No point in Lerner sorting him a new contract in case new owners don't want him. But also no point in sacking him because we may still need to limp into the new season..

If Lambert and Lerner are indeed talking, then that to me suggests the new owners are very much in place. Lerner is either clearing the path for their overhaul, or inviting them to sit down together for the first time to see whether they want to give him a chance.

Or, Lerner just wants to eat out without the f***ing press hounding him. 

If the new owners keep Lambert I will hate them immediately and be calling for their heads!!!! :angry:

Been out all day today. can someone please update me with any news to save trawling the past 30 pages? :D

No news, you haven't missed much. Apart from we now know the Postcode (Sorry Zip code) to Randy's restaurant.

The real MM on H&V the other day said it was more of a strategy meeting to discuss plans for the interim period before a new owner comes on board. 

Yeah that sounds feasible, and wouldn't suprise me. Best we don't get our hopes up until we start to hear something more solid.

• Like 1

Been out all day today. can someone please update me with any news to save trawling the past 30 pages? :D

Someone called Lerners restaurant to get some info on this secret meeting. They pretended to be Faulkner's assistant. All they managed to confirm is the post code, but somehow they think that this confirms that Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert are having a meeting there. In reality the chick on the phone was just doing her job, it looks like a classy place so she is hardly going to ask who the **** Faulkner is.

Other than that, **** all has happened.

Edited by Daniel

Would you have a meeting like that in a restaurant?

That's what I was thinking.  Surely Lerner has an office or failing that a house to meet in?

The real MM on H&V the other day said it was more of a strategy meeting to discuss plans for the interim period before a new owner comes on board. 

Might be, but I do think he already has a buyer but we'll have to wait patiently for the news. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about what's gonna happen with the takeover and how things are handled at VIlla's end...the club knows that MM has leaked stuff before so they'll probably keep everything only in the very inner cicle.

On the other hand, It's not like he's gotten anything wrong before...

He may have been going on the assumption that they'd be totally anonymous in Manhattan.

Who knows, maybe he hired a bunch of strippers and dwarves