$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm not worried.

I've been worried a lot in the past 4 years.

I've been worried about the managers we've hired, I've been worried about our wage bill, I've been worried about selling our better players, I've been worried about the calibre of players we have been bringing in, I've been worried about tactics, I've been worried about the style of football, I've worried about relegation, I've worried about ordering chips from Villa Park again after once finding a hair in them.

What I'm not worried about is that the man largely responsible for all of that is selling the club because "his heart is no longer in it". Well, my heart is still very much in it and the sooner he leaves the better. Bring it on. 

Edited by PieFacE

Yeah only rumours but if the deal was put on hold while they waited till we're safe, they haven't had long to finish it. The deal might be even agreed, but due dilligence and fit & proper stuff might take time, or if the new owners wants everything ready for transition before announcing it.

If they're getting rid of Lamber, they might be waiting before they'll talk with him and get replacement etc.

Can anyone recap the last two days events for me.  Do not want to scroll back through a mountain of pages.

Puns of Kwan,lots of them. We thought the Devils/76ers owners were going to buy us, they still might. People are still dreaming of Ellison but most of us don't think its him. We have also found out the zip code to Lerners restaurant. 

• Like 2

Lets recap

thread started april 17th two newspapers speculate on possible takeover

this story was taken from another forum

Lots of speculation

Lerner announces club is for sale,not in the process of being sold.

More speculation.

I'm starting to suspect it's not Larry after all. Or any other superbillionaire.

They wouldn't need to whack down the price for a petty twenty million or so, would they?

Edited by AVTuco

Lets recap

Lots of speculation

More speculation.

At no point did Lerner say that the club was not in the process of being sold. That in itself is speculation.

I'm starting to suspect it's not Larry after all. Or any other superbillionaire.

They wouldn't need to whack down the price for a petty twenty million or so, would they?

Oh they would trust me. My bro is a millionaire and I have a fair few as clients and they are the tightest bunch I've ever had to deal with. Seriously watch every penny and want to squeeze every last bit of value out for their pound/dollar.

They don't become rich by throwing money around.

• Like 1

Remember its been 4 weeks since this thread started,lets say negotians started a week prior to that,thats 5 weeks and not a dickie bird,not to mention Lerner came out and said the club IS FOR SALE.

Lets recap

Lots of speculation

More speculation.

Actually, if you read the statement, it just states that he will sell the club - it didn't mention anything about it being just for the sale, or being in process to be sold. The statement itself is very carefully worded not to give away anything on purpose.