$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I love Mendi, I love the ridiculous posts and the 'terrible' english. His grasp of English idioms, suggest he speaks it perfectly despite the post content. A troll he may be but it's bloody funny!

On the restaurant subject - has anyone considered it could be owned by Randy and closed for a wedding?!? Shock horror. 

Before anyone mentions the tbar numpty's phone call, consider this. I manage a very nice upmarket restaurant, we have a private function on, on friday - someone calls up, saying they're a 'Mr Faulkner's assistant' and basically could they have the address. 

Would you

a - have memorised the name of every single person coming to said function and respond with 'There's no Faulkner here, nor will there ever be!'

or 

b - think 'for god's sake' put your nice business voice on and say here it is, do you want the parking code. 

I'd be more inclined to think RL, PL and PF were going there, if she'd gone with option a. 

Where's Kwan? Are we disregarding what he posted?

Kwan hasn't been on since.

I'd say he's either doing a very good impression of being itk,

or what he said is about the only reliable info in this thread.

I agree. Can anyone testify to his behaviour up to these posts?

Re Kwan

Pretty normal tbh - I'd say he was the real deal. 

I got the impression he was legit and I used to be a journalist so my bullshit detector is very finely tuned.

It was the piss poor job he did of disguising who he was. Also he seemed to share a little bit on impulse, but seemed to think he was protecting his identity/job by not naming the actual buyer. This is what normal people do all the time when they're leaking and you normally have to tell them things like - mm maybe we'll just disguise your voice, because afterwards the shit hits the fan.

Anyway I feel a bit bad because when I read his original post I was going to PM him and tell him to take all those posts down because he was risking his job, and i didn't. Now he hasn't been back on, which isn't a great sign for him. 

I cant go in details in-case the club came calling and solicitors getting involved against me.

Hopefully it will come out soon  :)

Yes, hopefully the takeover will be sorted soon, as much so that we see an end to this drivel as for the benefit of the club.

MeetingHouse ‏@MeetingHouseAMG 4h

The Meeting House will be closed for a private event tomorrow May 16. Normal business hours will resume Saturday May 17. Thank you!

AVFC Transfer Tweet ‏@AVFCTransTweet 22m

So Randys restaurant @MeetingHouseAMG is confirmed as closed for private dinner tomorrow #avfc

AVFC Transfer Tweet ‏@AVFCTransTweet 21m

@MeetingHouseAMG private dinner for Randy & Co ;)

MeetingHouse ‏@MeetingHouseAMG 9m

@AVFCTransTweet Amagansett hospitality group owns the MH. Closed tmrw for wedding dinner.

LMFAO

They were going to dine there. Randy had promised Lambert some top-shelf meat, but Lambert declined saying the steaks were too high.

Wouldn't Randy have been more likely to offer him meat from the third shelf down?

• Like 2

Could it be possible that they have have office based meetings most of the day(s) and then round of with drinks\food at the meeting house ? - If (and i accept its an if) that is the case - that does have a hint of a 'Farewells'

Edited by smetrov

I dreamt last night that I was talking to Doug Ellis and he said that the deal was done. It was a Japanese consortium worth billions.

So yeah, blatantly going to happen.

Could it be possible that they have have office based meetings most of the day(s) and then round of with drinks\food at the meeting house ? - If (and i accept its an if) that is the case - that does have a hint of a 'Farewells'

Lots of ifs and buts in there but maybe just maybe.

I dreamt last night that I was talking to Doug Ellis and he said that the deal was done. It was a Japanese consortium worth billions.

So yeah, blatantly going to happen.

Seriously I woke up @ 4am - checked my phone - no overnight developments - as I was dosing back off to sleep - I dreamt I was at work - and some shout across the office 'its Ellison offical' - Then my phone started going berserk with 'its Ellison'  - to good to be true I jumped onto a computer and started to load up the internet whilst my work colleagues gathered round.............then I woke up - that hazy moment, 'has Ellison brought us' - nah it was just a dream .....gutted !!!!!

Edited by smetrov

Yeah when I woke up I thought "I need to post this on VT!"

then realised it was a dream.

Then thought "Should I pretend it's real and post it anyway?!"