$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

He may have been going on the assumption that they'd be totally anonymous in Manhattan.

Who knows, maybe he hired a bunch of strippers and dwarves

That'll be the summer transfer fee budget reduced to zero then.  Or maybe the dwarves are to play in central defence?

Would you have a meeting like that in a restaurant?

That's what I was thinking.  Surely Lerner has an office or failing that a house to meet in?

I think having it in a restaurant would be more indicative of meeting with others.

• Like 1

Exactly my point.

If it was Lerner meeting Lambert to discuss Interim bits, then you wouldn't do that in a fancy restaurant would you? You'd do it in an office, in a very business-like way. With flip charts and shit.

If it was to allow Lambert to meet new owners, then that would make a lot more sense. Somewhere less intimidating for all involved.

I hope Lambert's got a better suit than he wears on match days. First impressions count and we wouldn't want our new B6 overlords pulling out of a deal cos of some mumbling jock in an ill-fitting suit.

The real MM on H&V the other day said it was more of a strategy meeting to discuss plans for the interim period before a new owner comes on board. 

If it is a strategy meeting, then better to take Sid as well.

Then when Lambert walks, the replacement is already ITK.

Exactly my point.

If it was Lerner meeting Lambert to discuss Interim bits, then you wouldn't do that in a fancy restaurant would you? You'd do it in an office, in a very business-like way. With flip charts and shit.

FWIW, I meet my owners in fancy restaurants - much more pleasant!

And 'flip charts'? Seriously? I very much doubt whether it would be that kind of discussion.

As for meeting the new owners, I think that the incumbent team manager is neither relevant nor significant to any potential new owners at this stage.

If Randy Lerner is not our owner at the start of next season, then Lambert won't be the manager. I am hopeful that, during this period of uncertainty, he gets the opportunity to go to Norwich or Celtic, or something like that, and he jumps ship.

I really do think it's a meeting with the new buyer(s).  Partly job interview, whether as a courtesy or serious consideration, and transition planning.

I wish that moron on TBAR had gotten the pass code to the gate on the parking lot, it would have made it much easier for me to drive the 1,000 miles to get there.  What's the point of driving all that way if I can't even be assured good parking?

Don't know if Richard has a connection with Lambert but he said the other day it's just a meal for Randy to thank them for their loyalty and hardwork and perhaps that is all it is.

Lerner has always flown into the UK for these 'planning' meetings hasn't he?

For them to fly out to him suggests he wants to say goodbye properly and, possibly, introduce them to their 'new employers' and have them discuss the handover/transitional period, imo.

• Like 3

I think Birmingham Mail and/or Telegraph mentioned lunch/dinner in restaurant too, and someone found the restaurant owned by Lerner which is closed in friday for "private occasion" or something like that.

New owners would be making a big mistake if they even consider Lambert as manager. The majority of fans don't want him and he's had two awful seasons. Surely any smart person would decide a new start is required.

I had no idea you would feel that way!   ;)

• Like 1

The restaurant story is clearly a mountain of lies.

You can google the zip code.

When asked if you want the number for parking, why would you say no?

Absolutely no information came from that guy and again, its almost certainly fabricated.

I really do think it's a meeting with the new buyer(s). Partly job interview, whether as a courtesy or serious consideration, and transition planning.

I wish that moron on TBAR had gotten the pass code to the gate on the parking lot, it would have made it much easier for me to drive the 1,000 miles to get there. What's the point of driving all that way if I can't even be assured good parking?

Having staked out the area on Street view, I would say there is plenty of spare parking in Amagansett Square. So you should be OK so long as there isn't a residents' parking scheme. :) Edited by briny_ear

Only by picking up on the small clues, such as the existence of the residents' parking scheme in Amagansett Square, New York, NY, can we amateur football investigators gauge the truth of whether Larry Ellison wants to sack Paul Lambert, and determine whether Larry (as his friends know him) wants to redesign the club crest.

Sacked or quit both Lambert and the club will say it's mutual consent, so not sure it would give us much of a clue.

Yep if it happens the only way we'll know what happened is by the famous clued up ITK's.

• Like 1