$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

What the hell is our 'soul' anyway?

Good question. But I think battling relegation 4 seasons in a row means you keep it but if you spend silly money and win things then it's all the devils work.

• Like 1

Today meeting wasn't  all good . Lambert has told LERNER where is the promises of the new deal he offered him.

Tomoz this Ellis bloke is to sit down with them,  and see what their are made off.

Edited by Mendi
  • Like 3

We can't buy anything we haven't already won.

May as well close the club then

I just meant even if we were to buy our way to success we already have a prestiges history in place so people couldn't accuse us of buying our history. If we were to get rich owners I'd just see it as helping toward making it a level playing field.

Edited by useless

Today meeting wasn't  all good . Lambert has told LERNER where is the promises of the new deal he offered him.

Tomoz this Ellis bloke is to sit down with them,  and see what their are made off.

Doug?

Doug?

RANDY does not want him near him after the comment he came out with on radio.

Ellis the USA guy.

My guess: Lerner has had a buyer lined up for some time but is merely considering his or her bid. Perhaps he feels that the club could do better. So, he has publicly stated that the club is for sale to tempt any other potential buyers to come forward now, and see if they are a better fit.

Or as auctioneers put it: Going Once...

My Guess - Lerner has been toting us around for ages - with no takers

Has now got BOA on board - to widen and speed up the search

Lambert isn't keen to work with meagre resources in the event of buyer not being found in the next few weeks - Thats what he's telling Lerner now. Lerner would be reluctant to let Lambert resign - as he has never find managerial appointments easy - and trying to find a new manager, days after putting us up for sale would be extremely difficult. So they are discussing the smallest budget that PL will work with. 

All my best guesses of course

BOA are more closers than finders from my understanding

Yes - Ive heard that a few times - Howard Hodgson said it recently - Wouldn't BOA have a finders department ?  [is that what Merchant Banks do ?]

Apologies to all but I am going to rain on everybodies parade. We do not have a buyer lined up, all this talk from so called ITK is just so much rubbish. We are collectively clutching at straws.

Sadly I think we have to look at the facts at face value. RL may have had a buyer but he has categorically not got one now. Bank of America has been appointed to find a buyer for a fee. If RL had a buyer why get BoA involved? It's a bit like getting a buyer for your house privately and then getting an estate agent involved. And where does Keith Harris fit in? It all points to a full blown marketing of the club to any interested party.

It's typical RL, a badly managed process, with the capacity to become a farce. We are for sale with no obvious buyer on a really short time scale. We have a manager left in limbo, seemingly no funds for transfers and no ability to sign up existing players to new contracts. RL has made it abundantly clear he wants out but with no obvious buyers, all any buyer would is chip the price as RL has little or no negotiating position.

All in all very worrying times.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Doug?

Ellis the USA guy.

Do you honestly expect people to believe you when you can't get the name right?

• Like 1

Doug?

Ellis the USA guy.

Do you honestly expect people to believe you when you can't get the name right?

What ever mate.

I think English is Mendi's second language. Sometimes similar words written in a foreign language are not easily distinguished.

Lets hope they make a good impression on Ellison. : )

I think English is Mendi's second language. Sometimes similar words written in a foreign language are not easily distinguished.

That who there meeting mate as a nick name i called him Ellis.

My English is my second language 

Edited by Mendi
  • Like 3

It's not the spelling of other words or punctuation, it's the "Ellis guy". Surely if you really were that close to information regarding the takeover you'd know the name of the potential owner just like you know the name of the Villa manager?

• Like 2