$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Trees any planes or privater charters from america been about in BHX lately out of curiousity?

Nothing that I can even slightly relate to any of the rumoured suitors.

If the buyer is US, I guess that it is easier to meet up over there and maybe come and look when contracts are closer to conclusion.

There is a private jet charter in from NY later. No idea who is on it though.

Dinner tomorrow evening is not a simple fairwell.  No need to close the restaurant for that.

It is either managing the transition to the new owner(s) - meeting them, possibly job interview, but more likely transitioning control in an effective and timely manner.  OR, it is planning how to rearrange the deck chairs this summer.

This thread will go down in the hall of fame of threads.

Can I just ask why Lerner possibly or possibly not closing a restaurant to have a meeting is news.  We know Lambert and Faulkner have flown out to see him.  Why is the location so important?

Because the restaurant was once featured on an episode of Ramsey's kitchen nightmares

Dinner tomorrow evening is not a simple fairwell.  No need to close the restaurant for that.

It is either managing the transition to the new owner(s) - meeting them, possibly job interview, but more likely transitioning control in an effective and timely manner.  OR, it is planning how to rearrange the deck chairs this summer.

Lerner arranged for a dirty comedian and a couple of strippers. It's just the usual end of season party!

• Like 2

Can I just ask why Lerner possibly or possibly not closing a restaurant to have a meeting is news.  We know Lambert and Faulkner have flown out to see him.  Why is the location so important?

They are assuming that potential new owners will be at the restaurant.

Imagine the disappointment if the potential new owners are in fact at the restaurant because it is the actual restaurant it self that they are buying & nothing else. :(

• Like 1

Imagine the disappointment if the potential new owners are in fact at the restaurant because it is the actual restaurant it self that they are buying & nothing else. :(

That would be like a steak through the heart.  :(

To be honest - I think the restaurant sounds more viable.

I reckon Lerner will authorise a few new contracts and several loan deals, then in the January window the new owners will open their wallets. We'll probably flirt with relegation until that point but then we'll do just fine.

• Like 1

Paul Lambert - 'I'll have the sirloin steak please'

Randy Lerner - 'no you bloody won't at that price. Don't you know I'm cost cutting!'

More likley to talk about compensation

PL "Well Randy there's £2m left on my contract"

RL "Yes but times are hard, and you did waste £3m on Tonev - shall we call it quits at Egg and Chips on me"

I reckon Lerner will authorise a few new contracts and several loan deals, then in the January window the new owners will open their wallets. We'll probably flirt with relegation until that point but then we'll do just fine.

tumblr_m8c1s3NMG91r0lc86o1_500.gif

tumblr_m8c1s3NMG91r0lc86o2_500.gif

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if an entire restaurant was closed for 3 people to have a meeting.

Must keep calm, must keep calm.

Kababish in Sutton closed one Sunday evening when Robbie Williams turned up and asked them to do so.

That's why I have never been there since.

Yes but that's Robbie Williams in a "restaurant" in the UK. This is apparently 2 blokes that nobody will recognise and the person who owns the restaurant. I don't believe that it is just the 3 of them there.

"Oh my god Cleetus it's Paul Lambert and Paul Faulkner. Quick, get my camera so I can takes me a picture."

No wonder Lerner is losing money if he closes the restaurant every time he eats there. :)

• Like 3

So having just caught up again there is nothing to report....again. Worryingly the clock is ticking and we are relying on some of the clowns on TBAR.

So having just caught up again there is nothing to report....again. Worryingly the clock is ticking and we are relying on some of the clowns on TBAR.

Nothing to see here, move on.  :D