$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

3pm would tie in with the US Stock exchange but why would a private owner need to wait till then? Also as it's just normally a released statement there's no need to do it at that time. I'd be surprised in Randy Lerner and Andy Gray are close so I'm not getting my hopes up I'd say it's more of a 2+2 = 5 but I hope it's released soon as regardless of content we need direction this summer the place is a shambles!!

Perhaps everyone needs to be told in a certain order -

But if it is a significant event - I would think the contents would leak much before 3pm - remember Mcleish - that statement was very late in the day - but we all knew by around 10am...

Even if he does say it is up for sale, I imagine a deal is close.  He would not just leave the club lingering like that.

Dunno about close but you'd think that there are deals in the pipeline. Hasn't it been acknowledged that privately Lerner has been open to selling the club for years?

Even if he does say it is up for sale, I imagine a deal is close.  He would not just leave the club lingering like that.

God I hope so, leaving the club in limbo would be the worst.

I hope it doesn't just say that the club is up for sale.  Mainly beacause I know how fans will react - i.e. mass hysteria that we are never going to be sold and that we are styck playing shit football under an average manager.  If you are selling an asset like a football club you do not just come out and say it is up for sale without something in the pipeline.  It just weakens your position when it comes to trying to get good value for that asset.