$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If he announces we are up for sale I would expect it to be done pretty quickly.  You dont announce it is for sale without a buyer already lined up,  how crap is that in terms of bargaining if in 1 month,  2 months it still isnt sold

• Like 2

If he announces we are up for sale I would expect it to be done pretty quickly.  You dont announce it is for sale without a buyer already lined up,  how crap is that in terms of bargaining if in 1 month,  2 months it still isnt sold

You mean like Everton, how many years is it now?

Even if he does say it is up for sale, I imagine a deal is close.  He would not just leave the club lingering like that.

Really ?

I reckon he has been looking for a buyer for a couple of years - and this his is last resort to try and get a sale.  -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27372342

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is expected to announce on Monday that the Premier League club will be put up for sale.

The American assumed control of Villa in 2006 after a £62.6m takeover was agreed with the club's board.

"A statement is expected and the signs are he's going to put Villa up for sale," said BBC reporter Pat Murphy.

Villa finished the 2013-14 season in 15th position, five points above the relegation zone.

More to follow.

Why should he officially anounce that the club is for sale? What would he gain by that? Has it not been obivious for a few years that he has lost the passion for the club. Why wait until now to try and sell the club?

As someone mentioned a few days ago, even Doug would not say the club was for sale untill it was actually very close. And a sale this time can be done in minutes as we are no longer a PLC.

Just for the record kitman > klinsmann

• Like 1

Surely it's the first day of the off season is the worst possible day you could officially put the club up for sale? Nothing can happen until a sale is resolved and that will only mean relegation.

He must have a deal ready.

Difference is Everton have a bloke who runs the club in a hands on manner - we are like a rudderless ship.

If the statement is simply 'up for sale' then that might explain Lambert's most recent remarks about a lack of investment...he's worried he'll still be here next season with the same squad (with Okore, Benteke and Kozak still not fully recovered) and the owner having an easy excuse for the lack of investment.

Very worrying if so. Also would explain why Lerner was so keen to praise Lambert.

• Like 1

Exactly,  that has been a mistake on their part,  and maybe kenwright is not actually inclined to sell anyway,  saying he was took some heat off.  No I think if he announces we're up for sale then in a day or so longer you'll see things moving.

IF he announces we are up for sale of course

Kenwright has no intention of selling though.  ;)

Juat said on sky sports news they expect the statement to be released at 10 and the club is up for sale.... we will soon find out.

We are in big do-do if its just up for sale. 

No we're not.

If we're still up for sale by the start of July, then we're in that situation.

Awww  :wub:

Fair play to you if you think a deal would be sorted in a month and a half. And a new manager. And starting to look at replacing some of players who aren't good enough in our squad. Lets hope so.