$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If he announces we are up for sale I would expect it to be done pretty quickly.  You dont announce it is for sale without a buyer already lined up,  how crap is that in terms of bargaining if in 1 month,  2 months it still isnt sold

You never know.

This is Randy Lerner.

Businessman extraordinaire.

I like how Lerner saying the club is up for sale suddenly means that we won't be sold, according to some people. Very bizarre. :lol:

If the statement is simply 'up for sale' then that might explain Lambert's most recent remarks about a lack of investment...he's worried he'll still be here next season with the same squad (with Okore, Benteke and Kozak still not fully recovered) and the owner having an easy excuse for the lack of investment.

Very worrying if so. Also would explain why Lerner was so keen to praise Lambert.

Odds are both Okore and Kozak will be fit for next season. Certainly Okore and most likely Kozak.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I'd hope'd it'd be there is a deal close or something, just up for sale worries me. We could be up for sale for ages.

All very worrying. Oh and since were all obviously going to read the statement can we not have 500 people paste it here as soon as its announced? ;)

I do wonder what most people expected on here. The general feeling seemed to be that the statement would either be Lerner announcing the club is for sale or something vague that doesn't really answer any questions.

Hysteria for the sake of hysteria. Best to wait and see. My signature could not be more relevant.

Edited by Mantis

It is entirely possible that he will say we are "up for sale" but it that would leave us in a strange & the worst kind of limbo.

Anyone interested in buying a PL club would already know this so maybe Lerner wasn't happy with what he has been offered.

In other ways it doesn't make sense. I can't remember a time when any PL club was publicly "up for sale" - it has always been done on the QT. This doesn't bode well if true.