$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think Randy will only sell to if the buyer as Villa's good intentions and a solid business idea. Similar to how Doug did. For however bad Randy has been I do genuinely think he's had the clubs best interest at heart and does love the club. He's just not very good at owning it. I don't think he'd just sell it to the first prat who offered the money. But maybe I think too much of him. 

Edited by PieFacE

I think Randy will only sell to if the buyer as Villa's good intentions and a solid business idea. Similar to how Doug did. For however bad Randy has been I do genuinely think he's had the clubs best interest at heart and does love the club. He's just not very good at owning it. I don't think he'd just sell it to the first prat who offered the money. But maybe I think too much of him.

I doubt he gives a flying **** tbh, he just wants rid and has zero interest.

Well the Guardian are still running it as per update it three hours ago. It's solid information I believe. Probably leaked out to the Telegraph/Guardian purposely in the light of rumors already abound on TBAR and with the purpose of nullifying the negative/toxic atmosphere at the ground tomorrow and for our remaining games. Fans turned on Lambert in the away match at Palace they don't want this to happen at VP and ruin the takeover. Probably explains getting rid of the two coaches as well, they were having a toxic affect on the team.

When quizzed about the takeover I expect Lambert to take the "I know nothing about it, I'm here to manage the football team and don't get involved in that side of it" approach, which will be a dead giveaway.

Seriously? I would suggest that if he gets asked that question, he will give the answer you suggest, but simply because IT'S TRUE! It will not give away anything! Edited by srsmithusa

Bit pathetic all this desperate speculation - what will be, will be.

Although I think a deal will be done, the notion that we will be spending huge sums seems absurd.

Two billionaires fronting a consortium of millionaires are apparently interested in buying Aston Villa. To speculate that such an outfit would intend to invest heavily in their new venture seems quite reasonable to me...

Well let's all hope that you're wrong, because if you're not, we could be sold to anyone, (including another Tan/ Yeung/ Venkys).

Well let's all hope that you're wrong, because if you're not, we could be sold to anyone, (including another Tan/ Yeung/ Venkys).

I would love to see an Indian advert featuring Vlaar and the lads enthusiastically tucking into some chicken.

The £250 million bit should be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage-This appears to be something the Metro have decided to add to the story.

There is a very strong possibility that negotiations are in an advanced stage to sell though. We've read reports of an agency being employed by the owner to find buyers. Faulkner has been looking to bail out since before Xmas, Lerner clearly has no interest or ambition & has run the club down to a position where it is the most attractive possible proposition for a potential buyer. HH stated that the club was for sale.

This club is for sale, make no mistake about that. If a changeover was likely to take place, it would nearly always happen in the summer. Would there be any official confirmation in April that this was happening? Of course there wouldn't.

There is more likleyhood that if a sale takes place, the new owners would run the club as a business-Man City & Chelsea are the exception to the rule, not the norm.

Where people need to keep their feet on the ground is not because the sale might not happen but because being sold doesn't mean we'll be challenging top 4. Fulham have chucked a few quid in, so did Gillette & Hicks, Sunderland the same but on the whole these clubs are run as a business (& not particularly well in most cases). There is no evidence as yet that mega money will be invested in the team.

• Like 1

The £250 million bit should be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage-This appears to be something the Metro have decided to add to the story.

There is a very strong possibility that negotiations are in an advanced stage to sell though. We've read reports of an agency being employed by the owner to find buyers. Faulkner has been looking to bail out since before Xmas, Lerner clearly has no interest or ambition & has run the club down to a position where it is the most attractive possible proposition for a potential buyer. HH stated that the club was for sale.

This club is for sale, make no mistake about that. If a changeover was likely to take place, it would nearly always happen in the summer. Would there be any official confirmation in April that this was happening? Of course there wouldn't.

There is more likleyhood that if a sale takes place, the new owners would run the club as a business-Man City & Chelsea are the exception to the rule, not the norm.

Where people need to keep their feet on the ground is not because the sale might not happen but because being sold doesn't mean we'll be challenging top 4. Fulham have chucked a few quid in, so did Gillette & Hicks, Sunderland the same but on the whole these clubs are run as a business (& not particularly well in most cases). There is no evidence as yet that mega money will be invested in the team.

True, but anything other than a Chinese hairdresser or the worlds poorest billionaire and we'll be fine.  :)

Not saying that at all-I want this sale to go through desperately.

We will get relegated eventually if we continue this signing policy of plucking unknowns from Europe. We would also have been relegated if Ellis had continued prior to Lerner taking over.

All I'm saying is people shouldn't assume that just because we're being sold, doesn't mean we're going to be the next Man City.

If we do become the next Man City then all our prayers will have been answered but there is no evidence at this stage that we will-Unless you take anything the Metro says seriously.

We don't need someone to come in and make us the new man city, we just need someone who unlike lerner is willing to give the manager enough to make a premierleague team. I honestly dont want to be the new chelsea or man city, would just be nice to have a club to be proud of again, cant remember the last time i woke up saturday morning and was actually looking forward to us playing.

• Like 2

Of course there is a chance of us becoming the new Chelsea or City-We have no idea who the prospective buyers are or their intentions. The chances are that they won't have/be prepared to throw in the kind of money required to put us in that category.

In order to compete at the highest level these days, you need money-The days are long gone when Brian Clough or Ron Saunders can take teams from Division 2 to European Champions within a few seasons.

What is wrong with becoming the new Man City? do people want to see us compete for the title again? compete in the CL? The only way this will happen is by becoming the new Man City.

I don't understand the mentality of just wanting to drift along in the PL-We might just as well stay where we are, costing the owner next to nothing, with the added challenge of fighting for survival every season to make it interesting.

• Like 2

I agree, Man City and Chelsea were the exception to the takeover rule. There are many billionaires that own clubs that don't spent £250m in pre-season on players. However, if a new owner just gave us a bit of a stronger platform and makes us become an effective team by buying better quality players, and not just a non entity team drifting along like we are now, then i'll be happy.