$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Imagine this for a scenario;

Summer of 2014; After months of consultations and meetings, Randy Lerner has given a green light to a 200 million buy out of the Aston Villa club to an American billionaire. The deal was settled as early as April. It is rumoured he was willing to invest an initial 150 million pounds in the summer transfer window, following with another possible 50 million during winter. Unfortunately, Aston Villa, after losing to Southampton, Drawing with Swansea and concedaing the the 91st minute goal against Hull have put themselves in a very difficult situation for their remaining 2 fixtures against Tottenham and Man City. As bravely as they battled, they couldnt hold on to their 2-0 initial Man City lead and conceded 3 quick goals, which was followed ,by a thrashing at White Hart Lane. Villa, for the first time in nearly 30 years got relegated. However, as the billionaire in question was willing to invest in English football, it turned out he held quiet under the table talks with Stoke City. Stoke, the new owned club, are spending their 150 million rather quickly, with the latest arrivals of Diego Costa, Toni Kross and Wesley Sneijder all set to sign 4 year deals.

May of 2017: We have the new Champions of Europe! After a long and amazingly close penalty shoot out, Stoke City have beaten Bayer Munich to the title! 

F*** me.... 

Imagine this for a scenario;

Summer of 2014; After months of consultations and meetings, Randy Lerner has given a green light to a 200 million buy out of the Aston Villa club to an American billionaire. The deal was settled as early as April. It is rumoured he was willing to invest an initial 150 million pounds in the summer transfer window, following with another possible 50 million during winter. Unfortunately, Aston Villa, after losing to Southampton, Drawing with Swansea and concedaing the the 91st minute goal against Hull have put themselves in a very difficult situation for their remaining 2 fixtures against Tottenham and Man City. As bravely as they battled, they couldnt hold on to their 2-0 initial Man City lead and conceded 3 quick goals, which was followed ,by a thrashing at White Hart Lane. Villa, for the first time in nearly 30 years got relegated. However, as the billionaire in question was willing to invest in English football, it turned out he held quiet under the table talks with Stoke City. Stoke, the new owned club, are spending their 150 million rather quickly, with the latest arrivals of Diego Costa, Toni Kross and Wesley Sneijder all set to sign 4 year deals.

May of 2017: We have the new Champions of Europe! After a long and amazingly close penalty shoot out, Stoke City have beaten Bayer Munich to the title!

F*** me....

You my friend, are a masochist ;)

• Like 1

Apparently a lot of football news on online papers gets published at ten thirty it's just a convention.

If you've got a scoop you post it as soon as you have it, you don't sit on it and post it at a certain time unless you're told that's the only way you're getting any follow up information. The stories were embargoed til 1030, nobody sits on that article because "we usually post at a certain time". That costs you traffic, which costs you advertising money, which, if you're a journo and you do it enough times for no good reason, costs you your job

• Like 2

I think its very strange the club haven't came out today and denied it, considering it was sport headlines in 3 national newspapers.

Maybe because it's true?

I don't think they have the credibility to deny. Faulkner won't come and say its not happening to only a couple of days later have to say errrr it is...

They probably don't want to give mileage\Focus to a story just before a home game.

My guess is, a takeover in some shape size or form will happen between now and Xmas - whatever the division - that will only alter the amount paid.....TBH would we want an owner who is only interested if we stay in the prem ? - it seems a fair few takovers happen in the championship, Leicsester, Forest, Leeds.... 

I'll get shot-down in flames for this but I think the most sensible thing to do to take us to the next level and to compete in the big league is to form a single team in Birmingham and take over the scum.  It would take 1-2 generations but in the longer term it would unit the city and give us regular crowds of 55,000 and for big games into the 70,000s.

The team name would be a merger of the two clubs; Aston Villa from our side and FC from BCFC giving us Aston Villa FC!

You've got more chance of Tonev scoring a hat-trick than that ever happening...

I think its very strange the club haven't came out today and denied it, considering it was sport headlines in 3 national newspapers.

Maybe because it's true?

I don't think they have the credibility to deny. Faulkner won't come and say its not happening to only a couple of days later have to say errrr it is...

They probably don't want to give mileage\Focus to a story just before a home game.

My guess is, a takeover in some shape size or form will happen between now and Xmas - whatever the division - that will only alter the amount paid.....TBH would we want an owner who is only interested if we stay in the prem ? - it seems a fair few takovers happen in the championship, Leicsester, Forest, Leeds....

I would say yes because for potential owners to pay 200M for us would suggest they mean business and are in for the long term. Buying a Championship club on the cheap is more about good value for your money considering how much can be made if promotion is achieved.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Like 1

Apparently a lot of football news on online papers gets published at ten thirty it's just a convention.

If you've got a scoop you post it as soon as you have it, you don't sit on it and post it at a certain time unless you're told that's the only way you're getting any follow up information. The stories were embargoed til 1030, nobody sits on that article because "we usually post at a certain time". That costs you traffic, which costs you advertising money, which, if you're a journo and you do it enough times for no good reason, costs you your job

No, that's just not how it is.

I'll get shot-down in flames for this but I think the most sensible thing to do to take us to the next level and to compete in the big league is to form a single team in Birmingham and take over the scum. It would take 1-2 generations but in the longer term it would unit the city and give us regular crowds of 55,000 and for big games into the 70,000s.

The team name would be a merger of the two clubs; Aston Villa from our side and FC from BCFC giving us Aston Villa FC!

Would need Birmingham to fold and a about 3/4 generations for people to forget they existed.

Tbf, among sha fans isn't a generation about 14 years?

It depends on whether you feed them after midnight or expose them to water.

I think this particular story was released at the time it was because it's the time the paper in question publishes the news that will be in tomorrows papers on it's site. If something is a major breaking news then of course it'll get published right away but I don't think this falls under that at all.

Well the Guardian are still running it as per update it three hours ago. It's solid information I believe. Probably leaked out to the Telegraph/Guardian purposely in the light of rumors already abound on TBAR and with the purpose of nullifying the negative/toxic atmosphere at the ground tomorrow and for our remaining games. Fans turned on Lambert in the away match at Palace they don't want this to happen at VP and ruin the takeover. Probably explains getting rid of the two coaches as well, they were having a toxic affect on the team. 

When quizzed about the takeover I expect Lambert to take the "I know nothing about it, I'm here to manage the football team and don't get involved in that side of it" approach, which will be a dead giveaway.