$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Anyone else just think this is another club constructed rumour to deflect attention of the current situation ?

A few days after the shitstorm of Culverhouse and Karsa? If they were capable of controlling what goes into the Guardian and the Telegraph at the same time you'd assume they would be smarter than to put out such a potentially destabilising rumour. If I had that kind of power of the national media (apart from making a load of money off people who wanted to get elected) I'd be putting stuff out about how we have an awesome attacking midfielder lined up to spearhead our push for europe next season... 

Anyone else just think this is another club constructed rumour to deflect attention of the current situation ?

No, would make absolutely no sense and Villa don't have control over what the likes of the Guardian and Telegraph print.

Haha I love this. Not because it's a lie, of course it might be, but it's exciting! It's what being a fan is all about in the end. New signings, hope and so on. Preparing for a relegation fight and signing shitty Bulgarian players from Poland is not exciting, it's torment and it ruins the whole experience of being a fan.

Good owners are hard to find though. In the beginning Randy Lerner was a very good owner, giving sizable funds for new players and so on. Then you have shitty owners all over the place that interfere with managers and buy players behind their backs. I don't want to exchange Lerner (who above all is a stable person in this game, it's not a human-right to spend 50M on players every season after all) with some lunatic or person that's going to set unrealistic targets and only sign half-assed players before sacking managers after 10 games.

I also hope that our organization will be filled with winners if we are taken over. That means sacking people like Faulkner who has no experience, no charisma and no balls for his position. I am sure he is a nice guy and good at everything he does, most people are, but we need a real player in that position - someone who can forge the identity of this club and drive a hard bargain with ingoing and outgoing negotiations. Faulkner was something like an Account Manager at MBMA before taking over the reigns at Villa, it's just not the right position for him. I don't want someone like Charles Krulak either, an aging soldier who still thinks he's an important part of the American army - bringing silly quotes and war cries every time we lose. Semper Fidelis my ass... more like an ostrich sticking his head in the sand.

Bring it on!

the key point you mentioned there is is we need winners. Lerner may be a billionaire but as far I'm aware he has inherited his fortune and not has much joy with both his sporting ventures. Hopefully new owners will only know success and settle for nothing less.

I'm so excited!

• Like 1

Haha I love this. Not because it's a lie, of course it might be, but it's exciting! It's what being a fan is all about in the end. New signings, hope and so on. Preparing for a relegation fight and signing shitty Bulgarian players from Poland is not exciting, it's torment and it ruins the whole experience of being a fan.

Good owners are hard to find though. In the beginning Randy Lerner was a very good owner, giving sizable funds for new players and so on. Then you have shitty owners all over the place that interfere with managers and buy players behind their backs. I don't want to exchange Lerner (who above all is a stable person in this game, it's not a human-right to spend 50M on players every season after all) with some lunatic or person that's going to set unrealistic targets and only sign half-assed players before sacking managers after 10 games.

I also hope that our organization will be filled with winners if we are taken over. That means sacking people like Faulkner who has no experience, no charisma and no balls for his position. I am sure he is a nice guy and good at everything he does, most people are, but we need a real player in that position - someone who can forge the identity of this club and drive a hard bargain with ingoing and outgoing negotiations. Faulkner was something like an Account Manager at MBMA before taking over the reigns at Villa, it's just not the right position for him. I don't want someone like Charles Krulak either, an aging soldier who still thinks he's an important part of the American army - bringing silly quotes and war cries every time we lose. Semper Fidelis my ass... more like an ostrich sticking his head in the sand.

Bring it on!

the key point you mentioned there is is we need winners. Lerner may be a billionaire but as far I'm aware he has inherited his fortune and not has much joy with both his sporting ventures. Hopefully new owners will only know success and settle for nothing less.

I'm so excited!

Don't think that makes a difference to be fair - what matters are decisions.

Edited by Mantis

Bring it on!

I'm so excited!

Would it be fair to say owners with a track record of success are more likely to make the correct decisions?

Bring it on!

I'm so excited!

Would it be fair to say owners with a track record of success are more likely to make the correct decisions?

Depends entirely on the situation. I mean, look at Lambert. He had a lot of experience of winning at Norwich (and won the Champions League as a player) but he's hardly had great success in that department thus far.

The post above from a scouse fan is one of the best I've read in ages. Obviously money goes a long way but it's not the be all and end all. Liverpool and Athletico Madrid are proof of that.

Id say liverpool are proof of money works. They were on the young and hungry project until we played them December 2012 - and beat them pretty easily. Very quickly in came sturridge, coutinho, then mignolet - roughly £10m each ?  - They have since rocketed through (admittedly a very weak) premier league. - But I haven't noticed Sterling banging in 2 many goals. Of course we will be hearing in due course how they won the league, by using home grown players, team spirit , and one or two astute moves in the transfer market.

They seem to have an awful lot of ITKs on that forum  :huh:

It's got the reputation of being an ITK forum because of the 'Admin' guy so inevitably you now have many pseudo-ITKs flooding on knowing it gives any 'info' they want to share a bigger platform.

They are actively encouraging everyone to spill the beans on any rumour they have heard.  Anything that remotely fits with the original idea gets deemed as gospel.

The post above from a scouse fan is one of the best I've read in ages. Obviously money goes a long way but it's not the be all and end all. Liverpool and Athletico Madrid are proof of that.

Id say liverpool are proof of money works. They were on the young and hungry project until we played them December 2012 - and beat them pretty easily. Very quickly in came sturridge, coutinho, then mignolet - roughly £10m each ? - They have since rocketed through (admittedly a very weak) premier league. - But I haven't noticed Sterling banging in 2 many goals. Of course we will be hearing in due course how they won the league, by using home grown players, team spirit , and one or two astute moves in the transfer market.

Yeah what I meant was you don't need to have man city or Psg type owners to compete but of course you still have to spend a lot of money. That's when the manager and scouts come in to it.

On  slightly different tangent, I can see a time coming when the American league will overtake the PL & will be the place to be as far as top wages & top stars will be found. The CL will be re-vamped or overtaken by a similar model incorporating not only European sides but sides from other continents as well.

When people talk about maintaining traditions & incidentals (in the grand scheme of things) such as re-naming the ground then this should be considered. There is no financial incentive to be gained in changing the traditional colours & even if there was, this could be achieved by using the away kit.

For me, I want to see Villa up there competing at the highest level & to do this, I accept it would have to be done the modern way. Not my preferred way admittedly but if that is what it takes then that is what should be done.