$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Every statement that's been made has meant exactly what it said. Crazy eh!!! No subtext no smoke screens nothing. I expect people to still interpret it to there way of thinking be it positive and negative. I also expect people to moan that even though they wanted updates this isn't the update they wanted. It's the same when we buy players.

Hopefully this means Lambert can carry on as before ( not result wise) and renew contracts and bring in a few players. We know there isn't a fortune to be spent but with 2/3 good buys we will be set.

I think the reason he has put that statement out is because of how his previous statement read.  It read as if he was gone and he was saying goodbye.  Maybe a sale was close back then, who knows.  Obviously things have not gone well and a sale looks quite a bit away.  Therefore, RL has had to come out and say that his focus is back on Villa for the forthcoming season but we are still for sale.

It also says he committed to Lambert not to let sale business affect the football side and today is the first day back so he's showing he kept his word.

Whats the point with that statement? He is basically saying what everybody knows??

Perhaps to try and put an end to some of the utter drivel that has been posted on here and other sites plus Twitter claiming various deals were close or even done. Only 24 hours ago we had claims that Merson had revealed details of a secret sale in a pub but seemingly not told his employers Sky.

At least this statement tells people there is nothing on the cards sale wise so we will hopefully get a break from the nonsense that has been flowing for the last 8 weeks about various billionaires who's names have just been plucked from Google.

I'm about as far from being a defender of Randy Lerner as you can get but at least this statement is an attempt at some honest communication with the fans, even if like the last two statements it is written in a way that is far from clear. 

No deal is close, no deal is going to happen before the start of the season.

At least people know where we are and what is happening in the immediate future, ie nothing.

It's a shame I can only like this the once. Spot on IMO

Imagine if this new statement was planned all along and we aren't even up for sale, it was just to smooth things over at the end of the season and take our minds off potential relegation.

Edited by samjp26

Imagine if this new statement was planned all along and we aren't even up for sale, it was just to smooth things over at the end of the season and take our minds off potential relegation.

Seriously doubt that's the case. It even says we're still up for sale.

You know how you can set up your email to delay sending messages out until a certain time... well I reckon that's what Randy's done here.

Before he packed his suitcase and trundled off to the beach for the summer he thought, "Hmmm what if the fans get restless and journos start to pester me again... hang on I know!!"

Expect another one (albeit with a few words changed using shift F7) around the end of August.

When supporting Villa you have a choice between wallowing in the depressathon that is our reality or indulging in the wild post rationalisation that manufactures hope from no where and allows it all to become that little bit more bearable.

I prefer to to spend my time as much in the latter as possible.

So this statement to me reads as clear as day.

He didn't want to spend money on the side if we were going to get bought. He set a deadline of pre season, now that point has passed he will give Lambert the usual 20 million (not sure which currency...) to help us maintain our league status.

Buckle up people Belhanda's on his way! 

• Like 1

When supporting Villa you have a choice between wallowing in the depressathon that is our reality or indulging in the wild post rationalisation that manufactures hope from no where and allows it all to become that little bit more bearable.

I prefer to to spend my time as much in the latter as possible.

So this statement to me reads as clear as day.

He didn't want to spend money on the side if we were going to get bought. He set a deadline of pre season, now that point has passed he will give Lambert the usual 20 million (not sure which currency...) to help us maintain our league status.

Buckle up people Belhanda's on his way! 

Blimey that's certainly seeing the glass as half full.

Actually I think that seeing the glass completely full... of champagne... overflowing into a pyramid of more completely full glasses.  But hey I like it!

Whats the point with that statement? He is basically saying what everybody knows??

Irrespective of that, it's just a communication to the fans.

Basically "We've not been able to find a buyer yet, so I want you to know that I'm still committed to this football club, and will continue to 'back' the manager".

Maybe this means that Lambert will actually be given some money to spend.

I don't see anything wrong with this statement.

• Like 1

With the increased money flowing into the PL from TV revenue I would presume Lerner's statement is likely to result in Lambert getting some funds.

If we hold onto our current crop and spend £20million on two or three players to strenghthen the first eleven then I think we'll be on for a decent season!

Up the Villa

• Like 1

With the increased money flowing into the PL from TV revenue I would presume Lerner's statement is likely to result in Lambert getting some funds.

If we hold onto our current crop and spend £20million on two or three players to strenghthen the first eleven then I think we'll be on for a decent season!

Up the Villa

Obviously forgetting that teams around us have already, and will continue to strengthen!

All it says is that we haven't been sold yet doesn't mean we won't be soonish, it also says that the sale process has been 'productive'.

I think this statement is just an attempt at projecting a bit of stability. Often when clubs are for sale during the season  teams can suffer results wise because of the uncertainty.

Up the Villa

Obviously forgetting that teams around us have already, and will continue to strengthen!

Not forgetting anything; that would be a matter of opinion in regard to if 'they' have strengthened or not!

Don't be so presumptious next time...

Reading it again it sounds pretty positive to me and that we could be sold at any minute.

Yeah I think it's a case of him just lowering our expectations before the big announcement next week. 

Reading it again it sounds pretty positive to me and that we could be sold at any minute.

Yeah I think it's a case of him just lowering our expectations before the big announcement next week. 

Any minute is probably an exaggeration. I just feel that all the statement is saying is that we have not been sold yet. The part about discussion being positive makes think that talk are ongoing though so, you never know what's around the corner.

In his statement that he made in May Randy said that his heart was longer it. so I guess this also serves to put that comment right, too.

Up the Villa

What evidence have you seen from the club that we are going to do that?

• Like 1