$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think the papers are as keen as us to get a lead on this.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if that story was lifted from this website.

All that aside though I would welcome Villa Park being filled with prostitutes on match days. I think after the last few years we deserve a bit of excitement

• Like 1

It would not surprise me in the slightest if that story was lifted from this website.

All that aside though I would welcome Villa Park being filled with prostitutes on match days. I think after the last few years we deserve a bit of excitement

If it was a red-top tabloid then yes, but being in The Independent, there must be something in the story, even if he might not be the front-runner.

Edited by ender4

First thing I want to know is what he is worth before moving to the next question.

I seen an article last night saying $3 billion

Due to FFP, the net worth of our owners is pretty irrelevant nowadays.

Its all about business acumen and links to bring in major sponsorship.

FFP can be handled no problem by people with watertight plans and significant financial backing.

How?

Regardless of having the money to buy the club, with his mirky past in mind, would Arif pass the 'fit and proper' person test though???

LOL This is not laughing at you theboyangel but at the "fit and proper person" if that guy could buy the scum there is not "fit and proper person" test.

If he wants to buy AVFC and can do a deal with Lerner then he will own Aston Villa as he has never been convicted of a crime. It may not mean he wasn't guilty as I'm sure he could afford to have the best legal council but the fact remains that he can buy a club.

FFP can be handled no problem by people with watertight plans and significant financial backing.

How?

Seeing that Man City & PSG couldn't handle it and got fined 50mill each, and they have good long-term planning and significant financial backing, i'd say that it can't.

unless of course you are so rich, you just don't mind being fined 50mill each season, though i believe the sanctions increase each time.

First thing I want to know is what he is worth before moving to the next question.

I think PSG show that statement and the FFP itself to be a mockery. FFP will only hurt middle clubs and owners from getting to the party not from the big clubs and owners from buying there way in.

Regardless of having the money to buy the club, with his mirky past in mind, would Arif pass the 'fit and proper' person test though???

LOL This is not laughing at you theboyangel but at the "fit and proper person" if that guy could buy the scum there is not "fit and proper person" test.

If he wants to buy AVFC and can do a deal with Lerner then he will own Aston Villa as he has never been convicted of a crime. It may not mean he wasn't guilty as I'm sure he could afford to have the best legal council but the fact remains that he can buy a club.

I get what you're saying but I believed that the 'powers that be' wanted to be tighter now on who can own/run a club due to the likes of Yeung et al.

I have a feeling that if this Kazakh guy buys us, he'll make the Venkys and Carson Yeung look like amazing owners.

I wonder if he even knows about relegation?

Even the most anti-Lerner people will be wishing for Lerner again.

What are you basing this on?

You do know he's already involved in football, right?

Players are judged on VT before they've even signed for us, so why shouldn't new owners be? ;)

Personally, I'll be forming my opinion of this Arif fellow from his Youtube highlight reel.  

• Like 3

How?

How can it not?  There are plenty of clubs that have got around various spending rules and player regulations these past few years. Rules and regulations in football are constantly breached by people who understand the industry, move in the right circles and have the finances in place to pay fines.  There is very little integrity in football.

Edited by McGregor1888

If it was a red-top tabloid then yes, but being in The Independent, there must be something in the story, even if he might not be the front-runner.

The Journo is actually the London Evening Standard's finance bloke, not football. The Indie, i and ES all pool resources and I guess he came across the story through the money world, not football websites. How true it'll turn out to be, I'm not at all sure. I suspect it's a non starter, but did expect something to come out this week.

• Like 3

The amount I've paid to see us been f****d at home, I would suggest they've been there for the last few years.

• Like 3

Good for RL I suppose as, if true, it will drive the price up and may start a bit of a bidding war.  He could conceivable get £250m for us. Which would be a result for him.