$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I was up for PL leaving and a new manager coming in with new ownership. If a manager who has produced the type of results that PL has decides that the club is a joke and walks out then we should be worried about next season. All ifs and buts until we get that statement. I just hope Lerner doesn't do something stupid.

I have posted this in the Lambert thread but I think it is also applicable to our takeover as one of the best pieces of evidence;

The reason Lambert WILL get the sack, as well as one of the best pieces of evidence for the takeover is this;

http://www.telegraph...w-contract.html

That was in February. It has been quiet about this since March, and since then we have been bombarded with speculations on our takover. The reason why Lambert was going to get a new contract was that there was no buyer. Now, there is a buyer of the club, therefore Lambert will not get a new contract.

A potential counter argument for this claim is that Lambert hasnt been very good recently. Well, I think we were poor throughout the season. A win here and there at the beggining of the campaign does not change the manager over a few months period. It is the same Lambert that was going to get a new contract in Fabruary.

That is all, I am here all week.

Not necessarily - Lerner could just be submitting to fan pressure. For me the worst outcome would be getting rid of Lambert but nothing else changing.

I agree Mantis - But I think Lerner will feel the need to do something, when the chairman has that mindset changing the manager is the easy option. He only has 1 year left on his contract - and a certain M Laudrup is available without paying any compensatation.

That was in February. It has been quiet about this since March, and since then we have been bombarded with speculations on our takover. The reason why Lambert was going to get a new contract was that there was no buyer. Now, there is a buyer of the club, therefore Lambert will not get a new contract.

Unless it's Lambert that's put the contract talks on hold because he's fed up of being the scapegoat for a disinterested owner who isn't willing to invest in a squad capable of competing in the Premier League?

Nah, defo getting the tin-tack in preparation for us being bought out by the Rockefeller family...

• Like 3

If a takeover does not materialize, this club will be relegated next year.

Randy hasn't ruthlessly cut back financial support for the team over the last couple of years, only to reverse the situation and spend the kind of money in transfers and wages that will be needed to avoid relegation next season. He knows he has to sell this summer or realistically suffer the financial consequences of relegation. Randy might have made some daft footballing decisions, but he's not fiscally stupid (apart from when he fell under the spell of Messiah Mon).

For what it's worth my view here (as someone who knows absolutely no one connected with the club in any way at all - not even the matchday pint pullers) is that the club has been sold STC now that we have secured our prem status.

Everythign seems to point to that.

Debt equity swap to improve the balance sheet;

suggestions of a new contract for Lambert and then nothing materialising and Lambert not even sure if he will be here (surely Randy would have secured him by now if he wasn't going);

Reduced funds for transfers in order to clear the books (although that was probably also out of necessity anyway);

Lambert's recent change of tac to the press; and

timing (recent new sky deal which increases turnover significantly (Cardiff will gwt more TV money than ManU did last year!);

Randy's financial position - he can't suport the investment rewuired any more.

There is no way Paul Faulkenr knows nothing. He the CEO for christ's sake. A Buyer would have to do Due Diligence into the Club and he (and other directors) would know full well what was going on. He's either playing dumb or these posters are just full of ****.

God knows who the new owners will be but I think Randy is gone, So is Lambert (although personally I would have liked to have seen what he could do on a better budget) and Paul Faulkner is clearly looking at making other plans (i.e the FA).

It's just a matter of waiting for the confirmation from Mr Lerner himself. i hoe it's a consortium of sports Savvy people as at least they will know how to run a sports business properly.

I don't think the problems at Villa will be resolved by throwing shed loads of money at the club but rather through re-structuring and getting the right people in and having a firm direction going forward (a 5-10 year plan). That's why I don't really blame Lambert for the dross we have had to suffer. He's made the best out of a difficult situation and you cna't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! I doubt Ferguson would have faired much better in the circumstances. it's all hearsay and guessowrk of course but we've had a number of managers and none of them have set the world alight. It suggests that the manager is not perhaps the root of the problem. This is probably the weakest squad we've had for a long long time.

I'll doff my hat to Randy for keeping the Villa ethos alive and for everythgin he has done. It's clear he has made mistakes and the biggest oe for me was not having the right people on board from the outset at board level. He's taken the club as far as he can and that's not his fault but it's clear that a sale is the right way now for him and the club.

Edited by CannockVillan
  • Like 4

It should be noted that the so called mysteryman also said this on H&V

Re Klinsman I was told Sunday from within Bodymoor by 2 people  but personally think its pure rumour . I actually think only Randy Lerner knows what is going on and has not confided in anyone within the club which is causing as much speculation internally as it with us as fans . After the issues surrounging leaked conversations and broken trusts and people generally trying to stir things up after being in Directors corporate hospitality that RL has decided to keep his own councel on this issue . I don't know if they have agreed or a deal with any outside party  or even in early talks but I do know that RL has been advised to take any offer that comes within 200 million . A figure they don't expect to get or certainly didn't up to 3 weeks ago when speculation started to come out .

which basically means he's non the wiser than the rest of us. but a lot more honest than those bullshitters that are all over TBAR it seems. unless those two Texans have indeed bought the club as their admin declared with his golden trumpet two weeks ago

One of the biggest giveaways for me is that Mat Kendricks has completely changed his writing style and direction of his articles towards the club.

I really like Mat but his Journalism can be seen as slightly cowardly at times, but not recently and i don't think he would do it unless he knew Lambert and Lerner were going. 

Just my hunch, also Howard Hodgson is quite well connected and he is certain it is going ahead 

Well the one guy who has said it's definitely PA who's taking over (Dinkleman?) has also stated a few weeks ago that his contact is an American, so he could be getting the info from PA's people rather than Randy's.

However, it could all be complete bullshit. 

Yes, so that's why Stan has leaked sooooooo much info on the Villa in the past? Surely if he has loads of contacts one of them could have told him that Ellison has not been to VP, surely?

Wouldn't he have checked that before saying it on Monday night?

He gets a reaction out of people to make money. That's it.

What stash knows and what says publicly are two very different things. Same for anyone in any media role

Unless it's Lambert that's put the contract talks on hold because he's fed up of being the scapegoat for a disinterested owner who isn't willing to invest in a squad capable of competing in the Premier League?

Nah, defo getting the tin-tack in preparation for us being bought out by the Rockefeller family...

Like hardly does this justice

I think we are all looking for takeover info and will see things that aren't there or see things and jump to conclusions that wouldn't normally be jumped to.

That MM post on H&V makes sense though. A lot of info has leaked recently with people like HairyHands plus Lerner has been written to Howard Hodgson who was pally with Faulkner so maybe Lerner is fed up with the goings on. Maybe any deal is being kept very close to his chest?

On a completely different tack how long do Villa have to put their case against Culverhouse and Karsa? Maybe Lerner plans to make an announcement about this situation?

Imagine if the announcement is something about letting a fan design the Macron Kit or something ridiculous...........

lerner categorically said in his statement he would address the situation with his position at the end of the season so it wont be anything other than if he is staying or going

we've heard alot from the apparent ITKs over at TBAR that this was a done deal, now Trent has hinted otherwise, so now it comes down to who is correct