$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

it really is ridiculous to expect any professional to walk away from a legally binding contract without being paid what (s)he is owed.

As GOPW states, Lambert has achieved what he was tasked with. he has committed himself to 3 years at the club-How would you all feel if he'd got us into the top 6, got offered the United job & promptly told us to do one? It works both ways.

Everyone accepts that in football, changes usually accompany new ideas & new visions. PL will accept that any new owner may want to go in a different direction, with his own people (much like PL has with the playing staff).

The Lambert era hasn't been a success but without it, the club would not be in a position where it is a viable and attractive proposition to prospective buyers.

It isn't the 'real' MM this is from the horses mouth. That is a different account under the same name.

I reckon Lambert will be staying also. "Imagine what he could with an owner that backs him"!!

Tbf, we have a shite team, but Lambert had a whole host of parameters to work within set by Lerner and he has done that, he has kept us in the prem with a cheap set of players.

God knows what this announcement will be. It could be that Lerner has decided to sell, or it could be him telling us fans to shut up speculating about peoples futures and just focus on supporting the team.

Whatever it is, I'm excited. Roll on next week!

If Lambert was staying, he'd know it, and by the sound of it, he doesn't know it. He's gone.

it really is ridiculous to expect any professional to walk away from a legally binding contract without being paid what (s)he is owed.

As GOPW states, Lambert has achieved what he was tasked with. he has committed himself to 3 years at the club-How would you all feel if he'd got us into the top 6, got offered the United job & promptly told us to do one? It works both ways.

Everyone accepts that in football, changes usually accompany new ideas & new visions. PL will accept that any new owner may want to go in a different direction, with his own people (much like PL has with the playing staff).

The Lambert era hasn't been a success but without it, the club would not be in a position where it is a viable and attractive proposition to prospective buyers.

It isn't the 'real' MM this is from the horses mouth. That is a different account under the same name.

Wot isn't the real MM ?  - and who is the horses mouth ? - and what did it say ? ...............Confused....

I reckon Lambert will be staying also. "Imagine what he could with an owner that backs him"!!

Tbf, we have a shite team, but Lambert had a whole host of parameters to work within set by Lerner and he has done that, he has kept us in the prem with a cheap set of players.

God knows what this announcement will be. It could be that Lerner has decided to sell, or it could be him telling us fans to shut up speculating about peoples futures and just focus on supporting the team.

Whatever it is, I'm excited. Roll on next week!

If Lambert was staying, he'd know it, and by the sound of it, he doesn't know it. He's gone.

It will cost Lerner next to nothing to dump Lambert - appoint Laudrup \ Moyes \ Zola  and claim an exciting new era......

A guy on Twitter says his mate works for Villa in the admin department and that there have been meetings with Oracle reps this month. F knows

Hah! Where is that clutching at straws pic?

I can only think from a football agenda as the rest doesn't interest me.

I look at what goes on, on the field and draw my conclusions seems for the past 2 years Randy lerner and the fans have had 2 different agenda's, so the opinion of Lambert differs.

I understand the heavy burden of injuries and the punitive funds which make it less easier to find Quality.....but let me say, this is my worry, just one example I've not picked the worst player and not picked the best not picked an old player and not picked an academy player.

Ryan Bertrand has gone backwards, since he joined us.He was a much better player when he first arrived.

That is the case with a number of players, that is my worry, thats not funds thats Bodymoor Heath work......and it is the biggest worry I have about this regime.

• Like 4

No idea if this is true so I will be as interested to have it verified as anyone. In some ways I hope it isn't true as this bloke claims to be mates with a player and I genuinely don't know if he's winding me up.

Got told today that Lerner still wants to stay involved and will do but there will be new owners. Lerner will be the poorest out of a group of yanks. Lambert is definitely gone. He also said Albrighton will not even entertain talks while Lambert is still there. He is 90% certain that he will go to Everton.

Let's see if any of that is true!!

If PA was genuinely interested in buying Villa and also genuinely interested in investing hundreds of millions to turn us into competitors again, then why wait for Lerner to go through the pain of stripping out the high earners. Having a massive negative PL wouldn't affect his willingness to purchase us if he is the guy to pump millions into us.

Sorry, but I just don't see any dreams being built here.

If PA was genuinely interested in buying Villa and also genuinely interested in investing hundreds of millions to turn us into competitors again, then why wait for Lerner to go through the pain of stripping out the high earners. Having a massive negative PL wouldn't affect his willingness to purchase us if he is the guy to pump millions into us.

If a billionaire was to buy a house owned by another billionaire, do you reckon the old owner wouldnt have it cleaned up?

Edited by Mic09

Isn't it obvious why? If you're selling a club then you get the books in order. Villa are a blank canvas at the moment. Perfect for a take over. The last thing a new owner would want is to come in and sort out a high earners mess regardless of their wealth. You don't get that rich by needlessly spunking money away. Having almost no big contracts to pay off is a lot more inviting than being left with a financial mess.

Makes perfect sense to get the house in order.

• Like 2

I don't like the analogy but what the heck... why clean it up yourself when you can pay someone else to clean it up for you...

I was pretty proud of it...  :mellow:

• Like 4

Could be an FFP thing. The club is allowed to make X in losses per year under the English league FFP rules. For any losses over that, the club needs the owner to inject an equal amount to the amount of debt for the year above the  threshold.

Example: Villa owe run £50m in the black, but are only allowed to have losses of £10m. The options for the owner are to put in £40m of his own money to cover the loss, or to take the sanctions. That £40m is only used to service the debt, it can't be  used for transfers, or increased wages.

Lerner in doing his little £90m creation of shares has essentially done just that, one would assume to  bring everything in line with FFP and have us  avoiding sanctions. If we were £90m down for the last 2 seasons, for example, but breaking even this season (which we apparently are), then there's a £90m hole that needs to be filled for FFP or we face action after this season's books are out next year.

So, in stripping out the high earners from the club over the last few years, Randy has (potentially) reduced the amount that a new owner would need to put into the club just to bring it up to par, without spending anything on transfer fees, to nil. Had he not injected that £90m or tried to offload big earners, a new owner could've been faced with spending that £90m (or more if we hadn't gotten rid of some of the players we did) just to avoid being docked points. Now, that owner could come in and spend that £90m on whatever he wants.

I misunderstood the FFP rules in England the first few times around, but the way (I think) they work now is that  your owner CAN put whatever he wants into the club, but it's only to service debt. That essentially makes things no different than they used to be.

In the past it was:

Owner injects £100m in equity to club. Club spends £100m on players.

Now it's:

Club spends £100m on players. Club books show club £100m in debt. Owner pays off £100m debt with equity injection.

Same thing, different order. If you did it the old way, I believe it'd turn out as:

Owner injects £100m in equity to club. Money not counted towards FFP because it's non football related. Club spends £100m on players. Club books show club £100m in debt. Owner has to put in ANOTHER £100m for FFP compliance

• Like 3