$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

To clarify the MM on TBAR isn't the one that used to post here or anywhere else. He told me that directly.

Common sense tells you that it isn't the same MM.

He would be all over VT like a rash  if it was the same geezer.

He wouldn't be able to contain him self.

Edited by villa-revolution

If PA was genuinely interested in buying Villa and also genuinely interested in investing hundreds of millions to turn us into competitors again, then why wait for Lerner to go through the pain of stripping out the high earners. Having a massive negative PL wouldn't affect his willingness to purchase us if he is the guy to pump millions into us.

Sorry, but I just don't see any dreams being built here.

Isn't it obvious why? If you're selling a club then you get the books in order. Villa are a blank canvas at the moment. Perfect for a take over. The last thing a new owner would want is to come in and sort out a high earners mess regardless of their wealth. You don't get that rich by needlessly spunking money away. Having almost no big contracts to pay off is a lot more inviting than being left with a financial mess.

Makes perfect sense to get the house in order.

Then, isn't it obvious that if the "new" owner was waiting for the current owner to get his house in order then he isn't going to be the one spunking millions on us turning us into title contenders?

If the "new" owner was waiting in the wings for a clear out then that tells me that we are going to have another Lerner in charge. Nothing spectacular, and nothing worth getting too exicted over.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad Lerner is leaving but all this hype and excitment is very premature IMO.

Why would a new owner want to pay off a number of contracts and then spend more money on new ones? They're businessman. It would decrease the value of the sale.

Not sure why you don't see that, but horses for courses I guess.

Just because these guys are loaded doesn't mean they throw money away.

I see this perfectly well... I don't think you are understanding my point. A few people are getting excited by us being potentially bought out by a guy who has $11b in his bank. If this person was going to do something exceptional to us and turn us into title challengers he wouldn't be interested in getting value for money as he is going to be losing £100m's on the project anyway.

If he is interested in getting value for money then he isn't going to be the one to turn us into title challengers and as such isn't worth getting so excited about... unless of course P3te's excellently written post and point above comes into play.

Of course he wants value for money, just because he has money doesn't mean he is prepared to throw it away, it doesn't work like that. Man city had a financial plan in place, they didn't just throw money away for the sake of it. They spent heavily initially to get the ball rolling but the spending has tailed off. I'd be more concerned having some numpty come in and chuck money at because that is how we've ended up in this mess.

Is thay admin guy a mod on TBAR? Only reason I ask is because, if he is, it's a bit risky making up a rumour just to get people to sign up. I mean surely if it's all bullshit people will just bugger off to a more respectable site where the fans can constantly turn any discussion into an argument about Paul Lambert. :-)

• Like 2

The actual Mystery Man has been speaking on Heroes and Villains.

yes but all he has said is that no one knows. Randy is keeping it very close to his chest.   

Perhaps there really is nothing to know. I am starting to wonder if 'I will issue a statement on my position at the end of the season' has been built up into something it isn't  - he could just say 'I am the chairman of Aston Villa' - I really think were are expecting fire - when there might not even be smoke.

Edited by smetrov

Lets hope it happens. This summer is extremely important for the club, even more so then 2006. This could be turning point for Aston Villa FC in a good or bad way depending on what actually happens.

Edited by Voinjama

No smoke without fire.

That saying no longer holds in the internet age i'm afraid. The internet chokes with smoke without so much as a flicker of fire.

And scientifically incorrect.