$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The same Stan Collymore who was saying Ellison has been seen strolling around Villa Park 2 days ago?

Villa win, he talks about a takeover and fans phone in excited

Villa lose, he talks about a takeover not happening and fans phone in pissed off

He hasn't got a clue about Villa. He just knows how to get fans to phone in. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

The same Stan Collymore who was saying Ellison has been seen strolling around Villa Park 2 days ago?

Villa win, he talks about a takeover and fans phone in excited

Villa lose, he talks about a takeover not happening and fans phone in pissed off

He hasn't got a clue about Villa. He just knows how to get fans to phone in.

Whatever your thoughts on Stan, saying an ex pro footballer, who played for and loves villa, works as a football pundit and deals with football people day in day out doesn't have a clue is even more clueless. He'd know more than anyone on here.

• Like 3

Yes, so that's why Stan has leaked sooooooo much info on the Villa in the past? Surely if he has loads of contacts one of them could have told him that Ellison has not been to VP, surely?

Wouldn't he have checked that before saying it on Monday night?  

He gets a reaction out of people to make money. That's it. 

Edited by PieFacE

Don't think Lerner is going to announce he wants to sell but hasn't a buyer yet, where would that leave him when we get to the start of the season and no buyer in sight and where would that leave the club and the manager.

It can only be he is selling, he is staying with investors joining or he is still committed to get the club back where it belongs.

Yep it's all as simple as that mate. I take it you were out having lunch with Ellison then? Of course he is going to get callers in it's his job. Saying he knows nothing about things going on at villa is just plain silly.

• Like 1

I've heard it'll be dream double-act, the two Pauls. In the American tradition Merse is coming in as offensive coach while McGrath will take care of the defence.

Make it the 3 Pauls with Lambo staying on to be in charge of post match press conferences?

• Like 1

If you listen here and then select 21:30 - 22:00 option then at about 17 minutes into that you hear what Collymore has to say. If you ask me despite the way he words it it sounds like it's just his opinion and nothing else.

I just hope that if he is going it'll be part of a takeover or a change in policy whereby the squad gets much needed investment. I'll be furious if Lerner takes the short term option and replaces Lambert but keeps the same restrictions in place - we'll be down next season for sure if that happens.

• Like 2

He definitely knows he's off and even seemed awkward answering the question regarding him wanting to stay. He's since said the statement will be a "bit different" in the written press. Could mean anything. I guess announcing the club is to be sold is a little different isn't it?!