Troy Deeney

StefanAVFC

I remember him being the stand out player in what was in truth a pretty poor Watford performance in the Play Offs against C. Palace last year. He showed a bit of quality.

That said I can't see us stumping up 8mil for him, think what 8mil could buy in a non-British player (there does seem to be quite a premium on young British talent).

However if we a going for a striker I'd sell Gabby and replace him with Jordan Rhodes.

Who cost 8m when Blackburn bought him and has banged in tonnes of goals since?

With the sale of Agbonlahor how much do you think we would have to pay on top of that which was my point.

the big marquee signing for the new owners. a thug

I'm confused are we supposed to:

- Write off players before they sign

- Write off owners before they're even at the club and on speculative stories

- Criticise people we don't even know

I can't say I'm in. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

the big marquee signing for the new owners. a thug

I'm confused are we supposed to:

- Write off players before they sign

- Write off owners before they're even at the club and on speculative stories

- Criticise people we don't even know

I can't say I'm in. 

well im sure the law has already labeled him a thug for beating up a student. why don't we sign Lee Bowyer or Marlon King as well. don't care how good he is I wouldn't want him near the club

A Championship footballer who attacked a group of students in Birmingham has been jailed for 10 months.

Watford FC striker Troy Deeney, 23, was recorded by CCTV cameras kicking one of the victims in the head.

One man suffered a broken jaw and another required 20 stitches as a result of the brawl in Broad Street.

Deeney, of Chelmsley Wood, Solihull, admitted affray and was sentenced along with three other men at Birmingham Crown Court.

They included Deeney's younger brother Ellis, 21, of Polar Avenue, Chelmsley Wood; Oliver Brennan, 20, from Hazel Croft, Chelmsley Wood; and 26-year-old Marc Williams, of Stonebridge Crescent in Kingshurst.

They had all pleaded guilty to affray.

'Defenceless students'

Judge David Tomlinson said CCTV footage of the attack, which happened close to the Bliss nightclub on 29 February, showed the roles of Troy Deeney and Brennan were more serious than the other defendants.

In the 30-second video clip, the pair could be seen kicking out at the "defenceless" students, one of whom received repeated blows to the head as he lay injured on the ground.

The judge told the defendants: "Three men in particular were singled out for what can only be described as a gratuitous beating.

"All four of you to a greater or lesser degree joined in but the effect of it was that these three men, who were already heavily outnumbered, became even more so as a result of what you all did.

"At least one kicked a man while he was already on the ground and very probably had already suffered a really serious injury."

Prosecutor David Lees said one student, who had suffered a broken jaw, might require plastic surgery because of the scars on his face and continued to suffer from flashbacks.

Brennan was handed an eight-month sentence in a young offenders institution.

Williams and Ellis Deeney were given eight-month prison sentences, suspended for 18 months.

Troy Deeney, who was released by Aston Villa as a youngster, joined Watford from Walsall in August 2010 for an initial fee of £500,000.

In March he was given a 12-month extension to his contract and finished last season with 12 goals.

Watford FC said in a statement it was aware of the forward's sentence and would issue a full statement in "the next few days".

We won't sign him, but if we were to sign a little shit who kicks people in the head while they're on the floor, my season ticket would be finding its way back to Villa Park without me.

• Like 1

I don't think our legal system puts labels on people like that.

Furthermore, his stint inside seems to have done him the world of good in terms of getting his career back on track. Maybe he's changed? Or are people not allowed to change?

In my opinion, kicking someone in the head is not something you grow out of.

You might like to think that a person will change, but if that behaviour is in you, it will never leave you.

None of the posters on this site, I suspect, would ever dream of kicking someone in the head when they are already down, as that is unacceptable behaviour by any decent standard.

I have no objection to a player with a bit of aggression, but that is the sort of thuggish behaviour we do not need in our club. 

Having said that, I pay little attention to links to players - journalists have to fill their pages somehow.

I don't think our legal system puts labels on people like that.

Furthermore, his stint inside seems to have done him the world of good in terms of getting his career back on track. Maybe he's changed? Or are people not allowed to change?

Nope. Once a nose, always a nose.

We're linked with a player and everyone in On Topic gets all holier-than-thou about his personality and his past.

Tales of debauchery, scat, watersports and fighting in Off Topic though, and the poster gets a gold star next to his name.

Villa fans...

• Like 2

Tales of debauchery, scat, watersports and fighting in Off Topic though, and the poster gets a gold star next to his name.

Great, now I've got that stupid piracy advert stuck in my head.

"You wouldn't molest a dog."

"You wouldn't watch a lady pooping"

"You wouldn't have sex with a vacuum cleaner."

"You wouldn't honeytrap the romantically downtrodden"

"You wouldn't pose as an Olympic snowboarder"

"Off Topic... it's a crime"

• Like 2

Most of you guys in on topic, never come to off topic and saw the confessions thread, so you don't know about your fellow Villa fans. Deeney would suit the club well.  ;)

Â