Troy Deeney

StefanAVFC

Ebanks-blake scored 37 goals in 61 games over 2 years in the championship. He was shit in the prem.

Jason Roberts scored 25 goals in one season and then the following year struggled in the prem.

What the hell has that got to do with anything? If you've seen Deeney play then you will know there is a lot more to his game than his goals. He is far from a lower league gamble like you said he is.

Ebanks-blake scored 37 goals in 61 games over 2 years in the championship. He was shit in the prem.

Jason Roberts scored 25 goals in one season and then the following year struggled in the prem.

What the hell has that got to do with anything? If you've seen Deeney play then you will know there is a lot more to his game than his goals. He is far from a lower league gamble like you said he is.

Not saying he couldn't possibly cut it in the premier league but how is someone who has never played in the premier league and has only ever played in the lower leagues not a lower league gamble? 

OK troy, if you say so. My response was to Stefan and just because you do well in lower leagues doesn't mean you can do it in the prem. We of all clubs should know that by now.

Helenius scored 30 goals in 65 games during his last 2 seasons with AaB

Deeney scored 41 or 42? in 76 for Watord

Rather we give the strikers already at the club like Helenius and Robinson a go and spend whatever money we have on the midfield.

For what it's worth i cant believe Lerner will let Lambert spend money on yet another striker when he's already signed something like 5 or 6 since he got here

Edited by sne

Not saying he couldn't possibly cut it in the premier league but how is someone who has never played in the premier league and has only ever played in the lower leagues not a lower league gamble?

Then any player who we do not sign from a Premier League club is a gamble. To be honest if we want to get technical, any signing is a gamble. My point is that Deeney isn't a 'lower league gamble' in terms of being in the same category as Lowton, Bowery, Westwood or Bennett.

He'll move to a Premier League club this summer whether it is us or not.

Deeney might be a top prem striker or he might be a flop. My point is that this summer was meant to be a different part of 'the plan' and this signing wouldn't seem much different.

Just because he currently plays in the Championship, it doesn't mean he wouldn't add quality. He'd certainly add more quality than Weimann and Gabby do to our starting line up.

None of us are sure what the plan is meant to be anyway, all we can do is wait and see, maybe we'll spend a shedload.

I stopped believing/reading when it said £8M. I mean, really?

That's what Jordan Rhodes went for.  It's why there's got to be better value out there.  Who's that bloke at Huddersfield with the funny shaped head?

Seriously? Some of you want a bluenose thug from Chemsley Wood playing for Villa? Complete with a SHA tattoo?

I'm not saying he isn't a good player but he isn't right for Villa, I want to win things (a game would be nice for now lol) as much as the next Villan but not with this player.

Not for me thank you.He is indeed a bluenose with a SMA tattoo and he also is a thug. I seem to recall him being arrested with his brother in Broad street a few years back. Also, Gary Gardner is a villa fan,its his thick brother Craig who is the bluenose 

No thanks.

If we are after a Championship player i would rather have Ings, Rhodes or Hughes for that kind of money.

When we were linked with him before, someone come on here who knew him and said he was rabidly anti Villa, and used to play with his brothers in a team, and were just a bunch of thugs.No Thanks 

Â