Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I liked the start the celebrations then it all started to go downhill form there

Reveal hidden contents

Yes the lead up to Jamie and brienne has bene leading up for a while but was awful viewing for me

Obviously you know the iron island warriors are excellent on water why would you fly your dragons over there? Or why not fly higher so the range would miss? 

Also cersai could have wiped them all out there and then it was stupid. 

Also why didn't Jon snow ask the wildlings to join him? Their army is already depleted so they are very arrogantly thinking they can win. 

I think darys is going to go crazy like her father and try take out Jon snow but will be stopped. I hope they kill her off she has really gone downhill as a charchter. Killing Sam's brother was brutal. Would be fitting of she was killed on fire by her dragons like she did to so many others. 

Darys? Is that Dany and Varys' love child?

• Haha 3

It was a bit fan-servicey, but the Tormund scenes were my favourite by far. Proper belly laugh when he's crying about Brienne then the camera slowly pans out. 

At this point I'll be surprised if the final episode doesn't have the sound of everyone running out of the editing suite followed by car doors slamming and screeching tyres over the credits.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Missandei was dead as soon as her and Grey Worm touched hands. 'It is known' indeed 😉

I thought it was the best episode so far (although flawed as usual) and Daeny losing the second dragon was quite an unexpected shock and a reminder of what I loved about the series in the first place.

It was a shock indeed, but in keeping with the last couple of series, it was handled rubbishly and very lazily, leading to all f the very good points raised in this thread.

She's now lost two dragons to a solitary bloke chucking a lance, and a stationary fleet with a load of harpoons.  Fly a bit **** higher and have a bit of a look around first, you dumb bitch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Think Arya will dive down into the sea and get the face from the dead dragon and fly down to Kings Landing and burn Cercei.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The other thing I didn't like was how they didn't explain how arya got so close to the nk but no one else could. 

That was poor. 

This really doesn't need explaining, we already did that last week

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The other thing I didn't like was how they didn't explain how arya got so close to the nk but no one else could. 

That was poor. 

Why do you think we got to see her sneaking around a library for 5 minutes in a scene so close to Jon trying to sneak up on him? I thought they hammered the point home. She's a sneaky, sneaky assassin, quiet than a drop of blood.

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I thought it was too bright.

That'll be because your TV isn't calibrated properly after the cinematographer for the show last week told everyone they're too stupid to set their TVs up correctly to watch Game of Thrones.

And totally not that they shot it incredibly dark to make the CGI cheaper and hide the Costa cups all over the set.

• Like 1

Can we talk about the Bronn scene, and how he just casually walks in to the enemy castle, with his crossbow drawn, extorts the hand of the queen, who has no guards, for reasons, then they just let him walk away? The same guy who threw himself in front of a dragon to save Jaime last season, by the way.

It puts another layer of "wtf" on the parley as well. Cersei has literally promised this guy a castle to kill Tyrion, her archers are willing to kill him for free, and she doesn't bother. Clearly it's not all that unthinkable thing for her to do based on how quickly the crossbows are drawn and how worried Tyrion looks. 

Honestly, spending any time thinking about this show is an exercise in frustration. I'm at the point of thinking "**** it, may as well finish, there's only 2 hours left", when 3 or 4 seasons ago I thought it was the best thing on TV. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

The Bronn scene was dreadful. I still think they shot it as an afterthought when everyone was keen to get home and there was 1 take and that was it. It was horrifically bad.

I think it might have been written on the back of a beer may the might before.

Or the top of a Costa cup in the loo before filming.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Can we talk about the Bronn scene, and how he just casually walks in to the enemy castle, with his crossbow drawn, extorts the hand of the queen, who has no guards, for reasons, then they just let him walk away? The same guy who threw himself in front of a dragon to save Jaime last season, by the way.

It puts another layer of "wtf" on the parley as well. Cersei has literally promised this guy a castle to kill Tyrion, her archers are willing to kill him for free, and she doesn't bother. Clearly it's not all that unthinkable thing for her to do based on how quickly the crossbows are drawn and how worried Tyrion looks. 

Honestly, spending any time thinking about this show is an exercise in frustration. I'm at the point of thinking "**** it, may as well finish, there's only 2 hours left", when 3 or 4 seasons ago I thought it was the best thing on TV. 

Strictly speaking, she didn't.  Her hand did, and it's not 100% a given that she has any knowledge of it.  It could be another level of GoT double cross, as per one of the many YT videos I've watched in the aftermath.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Fair point. I assumed it'd come from the hand so they didn't have to try to persuade the actors for Bronn and Cersei to be in the same room! 

It may well have.  It's just one to keep an eye on :) 

For all we love hating on it it's still pretty epic and entertaining.

The writing has fallen off a cliff in the last few seasons admittedly.

But then again not many shows or movies come off looking good under closer inspection if you want to find flaws or poor writing.

Bronn getting into Winterfell can likely be explained in two ways. Firstly Winterfell was weakened by the war and by everyone leaving to Kings Landing. Secondly it's likely hard to tell who is friend or foe in those times. Provided Bronn stays away from Brienne and Sansa who know him then he could probably roam freely in Winterfell. 

PS. Having a crossbow out likely doesn't look all that odd in those times. Having a crossbow in the first place may have been seen as weird, but it didn't look like he could easily stow it away on his person. Yes maybe the show should have done more to show him entering Winterfell, but I think the writers just want us to assume that with defences low and only a couple people in the castle truly knowing who he is then it wasn't hard to get in. 

48 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is exactly where I was at with it. The whole thing is just dumb where a lot of characters are acting really out of character. I really haven't enjoyed this season at all so I looked up all the leaks to how it's going to end. Which I obviously won't say on here, but one thing I will say is...

ONLY CLICK THIS SPOILER IF YOU WANT A SNIPPET INTO HOW THE WHOLE SERIES WILL END

Spoiler

LOL!

Â