Leicester City

Villan4Life

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is one of the best things top happen in football for years, but Leicester fans are already being insufferable words removed, and they haven't **** won it yet.

biggest club in the midlands now.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This is one of the best things top happen in football for years, but Leicester fans are already being insufferable words removed, and they haven't **** won it yet.

They were before... Last year in New Zealand one of my mates was a Leicester fan.. All he could say was how much he hated us and wanted us to go down.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Weren't they being rather obnoxious last summer about us over the whole Veretout signing, or I have just imagined that?

That and the "down with the villa" chants (which, yeah is part and parcel of the game to be expected), I'm not totally sold on the whole wanting them to win it personally. 

I have my own personal preference for spurs cos of my old man, but their fans endeared themselves to me with their anti-Lerner chants.

Having said all that (having finished my slightly sour grapes ;)), fair play to Leicester and Ranieri, they deserve their success.

20 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Weren't they being rather obnoxious last summer about us over the whole Veretout signing, or I have just imagined that?

im sure they were saying he was making a step down by choosing Villa, suppose they werent far off

• Like 1

Form is temporary Class is permanent.  We are at our lowest point they at their highest but to call them the biggest club in the Midlands don't make me laugh!

Hope they win the league saying all that.

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

im sure they were saying he was making a step down by choosing Villa, suppose they werent far off

Well no, to be fair they weren't far off. But at the time that sense of superiority was seemingly based on the back of finishing a couple places above us last season. I imagine it's off the damn scale now. 

But I suppose there's a chance I'd be the same if we were in their position.

I don't want to give the impression I particularly dislike Leicester, I'm fairly indifferent to them really. There's just a sense of "oh but you must want them to win it" which I find grating. 

Got lucky with the penalty shout for handball against Huth today, along with two solid claims in the Southampton game. Could've been so different, but fair play to them.

What frustrates me is that we should've beaten them in both games this season

10 hours ago, benireduk said:

Got lucky with the penalty shout for handball against Huth today, along with two solid claims in the Southampton game. Could've been so different, but fair play to them.

What frustrates me is that we should've beaten them in both games this season

Maybe the first game being 2-0 up but not the second game where they missed a pen and Gestede controlled the ball with his arm.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Maybe the first game being 2-0 up but not the second game where they missed a pen and Gestede controlled the ball with his arm.

And we had two stonewall penalty shouts denied.

Report out today accusing them of 'financial doping'  - which I find an interesting choice of words. Apparently they raped the FFP system in the championship and have not yet been done for it. Didn't realise the owner had put in over £100 million.... http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

I'm pleased with them winning the league, but have to say they have been incredibly lucky that none of the key players have been injured or purchased by the big boys. 2 issues we constantly had when we were flirting with the top end of the table.

I wonder how this will pan out for them in the medium term? Are they going to bring in some CL quality players on CL wages? Or are they going to be "just happy to be here" and go as they are?

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Report out today accusing them of 'financial doping'  - which I find an interesting choice of words. Apparently they raped the FFP system in the championship and have not yet been done for it. Didn't realise the owner had put in over £100 million.... http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Be hilarous if they won the league then got a 10 point deduction the following season. First champions to ever be relegated 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I'm pleased with them winning the league, but have to say they have been incredibly lucky that none of the key players have been injured or purchased by the big boys. 2 issues we constantly had when we were flirting with the top end of the table.

I wonder how this will pan out for them in the medium term? Are they going to bring in some CL quality players on CL wages? Or are they going to be "just happy to be here" and go as they are?

Will be interesting to see who comes in for their star men in the summer. If there's not a great deal of interest that may tell us a thing or two about their miracle recovery times and unnatural stamina at the end of matches...

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Be hilarous if they won the league then got a 10 point deduction the following season. First champions to ever be relegated 

nope Man City were relegated in the 30s

Â