Leicester City

Villan4Life

31 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think even in January those teams would not have seen Leicester as an actual threat to the title. 

sure some people on here last month still expected the bubble to burst

On 12/04/2016 at 07:59, Genie said:

You'd think the likes of Arsenal & Man City etc could have picked up one of Schmeical, Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater or even Albrighton if only to destabilize their rival going into the second half of the season.

You make it sound so simple like the big clubs can just pick up who they like when they like. There was no way Leicester were going to sell players in January. That may have been the case years ago but the extra tv revenue gives the smaller Premier League clubs more of a chance of competing with the bigger boys.

Edited by PaulC

**** them happy clapping whoppers and **** Vardy. 

Looks like the type of rat boy, who if he hadn't of made it as a footballer would be an irritating word removed working outside a bar in Tenerife!

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

**** them happy clapping whoppers and **** Vardy. 

Looks like the type of rat boy, who if he hadn't of made it as a footballer would be an irritating word removed working outside a bar in Tenerife!

How dare they clap and cheer! 

Would rather we had some "rat boys" who would work hard for us. We've got a bunch of millionaires who don't give a crap. Hats off to Leicester and Vardy and I hope they win it. Two fingers up to the Premier League billions. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He literally jumped into the air. It was ludicrous.

Every player does that, foul or not - the skill for referee's hasn't become about deciding whether the player threw himself onto the floor, it's figuring out whether anything happened before that. There's definitely some contact, it's not a penalty, but I don't think it's a booking either.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So diving then?

I think it is diving when there is no contact at all. 

There was contact and it knocked him off balance so he was going down. Once he was going down he made it look worse. I don't know, it's not an out an out dive if that makes sense? 

Edited by villanwesty88
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So diving then?

In practical terms, yes. In terms of the offence in football terms, no. If we took the practical application there would be strikers week in/week out who would be awarded free kicks for fouls on them and simultaneously booked for the dive they made to draw attention to it.

Depends what you define as 'contact'. Did Ogbonna touch him? Yes, but this in itself isn't a foul. Vardy felt him there, threw himself to the ground in a ridiculous manner thus simulation, one of the most clear cut diving bookings I've seen imo.

If vardy looks for and initiates the contact then falls over dramatically then it's a dive

Refs at the moment seem clueless on it, contact isn't a foul and contact doesn't mean it's not a dive

And fwiw it's another example of why video refs won't work, opinion will still be split after seeing it 20+ times so what's the point?

• Like 2

Â