Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Be hilarous if they won the league then got a 10 point deduction the following season. First champions to ever be relegated 

Difficult to sound like anything other than jealousy given the 'fairytale' - and yes I am jealous as well - but there's something very unethical about the club and whatever they have done to get their success.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Difficult to sound like anything other than jealousy given the 'fairytale' - and yes I am jealous as well - but there's something very unethical about the club and whatever they have done to get their success.

EPO

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm pleased with them winning the league, but have to say they have been incredibly lucky that none of the key players have been injured or purchased by the big boys. 2 issues we constantly had when we were flirting with the top end of the table.

I wonder how this will pan out for them in the medium term? Are they going to bring in some CL quality players on CL wages? Or are they going to be "just happy to be here" and go as they are?

We used even less players than them when we won the league in 81, yes they have been lucky in that aspect I agree, but they haven't been involved in any cup runs as such. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

winning football games really unethical ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Doesn't matter as their fans will be able to cherish this season for the rest of their lives.

Not all of them

Touts selling tickets to the final day of the season at £15K a pair, according to the BBC

I'm pleased with them winning the league, but have to say they have been incredibly lucky that none of the key players have been injured or purchased by the big boys. 2 issues we constantly had when we were flirting with the top end of the table.

I wonder how this will pan out for them in the medium term? Are they going to bring in some CL quality players on CL wages? Or are they going to be "just happy to be here" and go as they are?

This is basically because they came from out of nowhere this season. There has been one window since Leicester looked like anything bar relegation fodder.

We had those 3 consecutive 6th place finishes where our stars were in the shop window for the bigger clubs to poach.

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This is basically because they came from out of nowhere this season. There has been one window since Leicester looked like anything bar relegation fodder.

We had those 3 consecutive 6th place finishes where our stars were in the shop window for the bigger clubs to poach.

You'd think the likes of Arsenal & Man City etc could have picked up one of Schmeical, Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater or even Albrighton if only to destabilize their rival going into the second half of the season.

Only mahrez would be worth it for them teams and im pretty convinced that LCFC would happily turn down 40/50m for him in january.

If they signed the others (apart from  Schmeical, who would always be a very good backup for any of them teams ), in 6 months, the player would be getting slated for being a money grabbing **** for not even being able to get onto the bench. fans will be saying the standard "english players so over priced and over rated, one good season and...", the manager of the team would be slated for signing such poor quality players like drinkwater and albrighton for what they want to achieve

Vardy is one helluva a risk for the money they would have to spend to sign a 29 year old. (the amount they would have to spend obviously depends on when he signed the contract extension, i cant remember when)

Edited by gharperr

Kante is only young and for me been by far the best midfield player in the Premier League this season, Vardy is having one heck of a season, whether he has the longevity will depend on injuries because he wont loose the attitude and the hunger.  He's a bit like Ian Wright. Came from non league football, joined Crystal palace and was a similar age as Vardy is now when he signed for Arsenal and became one of their all time leading goalscorers.

Another one Peter Withe 28/9 when he joined us. 

Edited by PaulC

its amazing how fickle foreign footy fans are who follow the prem. they are having a lot of support abroad for obvious reasons, but if they have a not so good season next year how many thousands of fans will they lose. this really is a fairy tale for them and i bet they cannot believe whats happening.

21 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

its amazing how fickle foreign footy fans are who follow the prem. they are having a lot of support abroad for obvious reasons, but if they have a not so good season next year how many thousands of fans will they lose. this really is a fairy tale for them and i bet they cannot believe whats happening.

is it really just foreign?  you got literally about 95% of english fans wanting them to win the league and are following all their games (aka support). Its all the same really. Are foreigners really deciding that theyre full on 100% supporting LCFC? I doubt it...just like many british fans...

Edited by gharperr

For all the stuff about people not liking Leicester because their fans are unbearable, surely genuine fans being genuinely unbearable after a fairytale season is better than a subset of the glory hunting masses failing to properly appreciate the magnitude of another league title that 17 Premier League teams were priced out of.

Let them enjoy it. They'll probably never win anything again

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Vinnie Jones to play Nigel Pearson in a new Jamie Vardy film coming out

I thought you were joking when i read it but I think Vinnie Jones is a terrible actor and can only act the thug which is not very good for Pearson if he is to be our next manager which now looks likely.

Why didn't they make a film about Gabby Agbonlahor ;)

Edited by PaulC

On 4/12/2016 at 16:59, Genie said:

You'd think the likes of Arsenal & Man City etc could have picked up one of Schmeical, Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater or even Albrighton if only to destabilize their rival going into the second half of the season.

I think even in January those teams would not have seen Leicester as an actual threat to the title. 

Â