Leicester City

Villan4Life

We must remember that Leicester had this form at the end of last season too... 7W 1D 1L in last 9.

Might give a little more belief that its not just a 1 season wonder scenario

Really hope they win it as it's refreshing to see someone else up there.  Whether it be skill, luck, and/or playing without fear, they deserve it!  I for one applaud them.  Only warning for Leicester is things can change so quickly in football, as no doubt Blackburn shows this to be the case.  Former champions and now adrift in the Chamionship.

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

In all fairness if they win the league this season I suspect they will give nary a **** if they finish 4th next season. 

If they finish top half next season they'll be doing well, but you're right about them not caring.  They won't know what hit them this summer and they won't be pulling another Mahrez out of their asses uncontested any time soon.  I'd rather finish 1st and 10th than finish 2nd twice in a row.  No-one can take that away from them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

What are they then? Even if the team stays intact I can't see them doing any better than top 6 next season (which is of course still a good achievement given where they were recently). I genuinely believe this is mostly a case of everything just falling into place. If you think about it, there's always a chance that a certain combination of events and factors will throw up something like this the odds are just very very low. They have been quite fortunate with injuries as well.

If they go on to consistently challenge for the league/top 4 then I'll reevaluate my position but right now I don't see them as anything more than a collection of decent players (besides Mahrez who is potentially world class) who just happen to gel exceptionally well together. I think psychology plays a part as well - mentally they're the exact opposite of us. When the bubble bursts though, and it will burst at some point next season most likely, I'm not sure they'll ever go back to seriously challenging for the title.

The bubble's been meant to be bursting all season. First it was Christmas, then it was "it will burst after this run of 5 difficult games" of which they won like 3 of them and then it was March, and now they're only 7 games away from winning the title.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The bubble's been meant to be bursting all season. First it was Christmas, then it was "it will burst after this run of 5 difficult games" of which they won like 3 of them and then it was March, and now they're only 7 games away from winning the title.

I'm not saying it will burst this season (although it could still) but it will burst at some point and when it does I don't think they'll be back challenging for the title or the top 4 anytime soon.

I'm not denying that they're a very good team, just that I think it's a case of everything just happening to fall into place for them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

saw something about him at the weekend, hes got something like 5 goals in his last 18 games, he's not in great form

its their defence that are seeing them towards the line, 6 clean sheets in the last 10 games, conceded 6 goals, won the last 3 games 1-0

Yes teams are setting up differently now though and not allowing him the space in behind, but he's still playing well and provided the assist for Mahrez at the weekend

Edited by PaulC

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If we won the league in the fashion they have I don't think I'd care if we never got close again.

Yes 100% agree. The fans will always have this season to remember. They'll be able to talk about it to their grandkids and all that

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

yes, I'd rather win it once like Leicester, rather than come 2nd-8th every year like Liverpool. 

or float around 16th position like we did in recent seasons

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes 100% agree. The fans will always have this season to remember. They'll be able to talk about it to their grandkids and all that

the fans are going to go watch their team play barca in the summer, get linked to all and sundry, spend next season in europe, their biggest concern should be their wallets and their liver

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

For the record, I'm not saying I wouldn't take what Leicester are doing, just that I think some people are being a bit OTT with them.

but they arent. 2 seasons ago they were in Championship and last season at this stage were bottom of the table. this is an amazing achievement and one of greatest things to happen in football and they deserve all credit they are getting

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

For the record, I'm not saying I wouldn't take what Leicester are doing, just that I think some people are being a bit OTT with them.

In what way?  This is arguably the single greatest achievement in top flight football.  On that basis it's hard to go OTT.  But even if it is OTT in your opinion, if they can't do it for this, when CAN they do it?  Some posts utterly baffle me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but they arent. 2 seasons ago they were in Championship and last season at this stage were bottom of the table. this is an amazing achievement and one of greatest things to happen in football and they deserve all credit they are getting

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

In what way?  This is arguably the single greatest achievement in top flight football.  On that basis it's hard to go OTT.  But even if it is OTT in your opinion, if they can't do it for this, when CAN they do it?  Some posts utterly baffle me.

Never said it wasn't a great achievement but I still think luck has played a very very big part in it. Obviously luck plays a part in many title victories but IMO much of this is simply a case of everything just going right for them with the right players gelling, few injuries, momentum and just generally lucky breaks.

I'm just not convinced they're as good as people say they are.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm just not convinced they're as good as people say they are.

Which should only serve to make it even more amazing in your eyes that this side who you don't think are all that are somehow 5 clear of 2nd and 15 clear of 4th with 7 to play.

If they were all that, surely being top would be less of an achievement.  Which is kind of everyone else's point.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Which should only serve to make it even more amazing in your eyes that this side who you don't think are all that are somehow 5 clear of 2nd and 15 clear of 4th with 7 to play.

If they were all that, surely being top would be less of an achievement.  Which is kind of everyone else's point.

I never said it wasn't an amazing amazing achievement.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I never said it wasn't an amazing amazing achievement.

You took issue with people "going OTT".  I think it's very difficult to go OTT on what they're doing.  Borderline impossible actually, and I just took issue with what sounded like you moaning about people delighting in Leicester's season.

• Like 2

Â