Leicester City

Villan4Life

22 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Pitch invasion for Conference league would be embarrassing.

Oh God :lol: You're not wrong. They couldn't possibly...

Think they will stick with Dean tbh and  They should bounce straight back aswell. 

Should make plenty of money on sales and possibly loan some of our players in with Dean's connections. 

10 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Think they will stick with Dean tbh and  They should bounce straight back aswell. 

Should make plenty of money on sales and possibly loan some of our players in with Dean's connections. 

They can probably have Bailey, although he wasn't too bad yesterday

• Like 1

Iheanacho would be a brilliant pick up for any lower half prem teams maybe even Brighton or Brentford. 

I'd possibly even take him here as some kind of back up. 10-15 mill should do it. 

Presuming that bad injury he suffered this season doesn't affect his development too much and another team doesn't take him off them, then Will Alves might be one to look out for next season, very highly rated and could end up being Maddison's replacement.

51 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Iheanacho would be a brilliant pick up for any lower half prem teams maybe even Brighton or Brentford. 

I'd possibly even take him here as some kind of back up. 10-15 mill should do it. 

What's the point. Surely we need to be trying to buy someone actually better than Watkins..that way Watkins will be forced to keep improving 

Ramsey, Archer and Iroegbunam have to be early favourites for loans to Leicester next year?

Could do worse as they'll have little money to spend and needing to replace Maddison, Iheanacho and Ndidi.

Can they loan 4 players from one club? Maybe KKH can go there too if somebody buys Justin.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ramsey, Archer and Iroegbunam have to be early favourites for loans to Leicester next year?

Could do worse as they'll have little money to spend and needing to replace Maddison, Iheanacho and Ndidi.

Can they loan 4 players from one club? Maybe KKH can go there too if somebody buys Justin.

Id love to see this.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Leicester aren't going to turn into Villa's feeder club after one relegation.

They'll still have eyes on getting people out and players in at the right age they can develop and make money on.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They'll still have eyes on getting people out and players in at the right age they can develop and make money on.

Traore would be a much better pick up for them given we'd probably sell for 5-10m and DS got some good form out of him in 20/21.

I don't see DS staying on there though.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed it was a touch tongue in cheek 😅 but they are likely to need some loans, we spent quite a bit in the championship and still loaned:

Johnstone, Snodgrass, Onomah, Grabban, Tuanzebe, Carroll, Bolasie, Tuanzebe (again), Moreira, El Ghazi, Tammy, Hause, Mings during our Championship spell and we were one of the biggest spenders ever whilst down there. Though, only Sam Johnstone the year we went down tbf

I'd full expect them to make 2-4 loans this year, particularly as their finances are poor. If they keep Deano, I'd anticipate they take at least one of ours.

Their squad is in a really bad place. So many of their team have contracts ending in the next 12 months. They really need to bounce back immediately and extend some contracts - or open the chequebook this summer with the money they'll make from Maddison etc.

From the 2025-onwards group you'd imagine Barnes, Castagne, Justin, Daka and Souttar could all be targeted for transfers. They certainly will be looking to get out next summer if Leicester don't bounce back. Theyve got a hell of a job on their hands

2023: Tielemens,  Soyuncu, Johnny Evans, Tete, Amartey, Bertrand, Mendy

2024: Iheanacho, Vardy, Ndidi, Maddison,  Smithies, Vestergaard, Luke Thomas***, 

2025: Barnes, Ward, Iverson, Castagne

2026: Justin, Pereira, Soumare, Daka

2027: Dewsbury-Hall, Faes

2028: Souttar, Kristiansen

Edited by HalfTimePost

7th highest wage bill in the league and 9 first team players out of contract. An owner who has severe financial issues. Not going to be a good few years for them. Needed to sack BRodge a lot sooner.

• Shocked 1

I will not shed a tear for their relegation at all, but I do wonder if someone offered me their last ten year odd, would I take it?!

2013/14 Promoted to Premier League

2015/16 Premier League Champions

2016/17 Champions League football (QFs)

2019/20 Joint largest away win (0-9 vs Saints) and SFs of League Cup (Great day at VP!)

2020/21 FA Cup Winners and Community Shield

2022/23 Relegation to the Championship 

Hope it changes soon, but not many Villa fans will really know what that feels like living it.

Would you take it, even if you knew relegation was guaranteed ten years later?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I will not shed a tear for their relegation at all, but I do wonder if someone offered me their last ten year odd, would I take it?!

2019/20 Joint largest away win (0-9 vs Saints) and SFs of League Cup (Great day at VP!)

Hope it changes soon, but not many Villa fans will really know what that feels like living it.

Bar the FA cup win that's basically us from mid 70s up to 1987 when we went down 5 years after winning the European cup.

I certainly would and really for a Leicester fan relegation and promotions are part and parcel. No different to the 90s when they won two league cups and were regular top 10 with O'Neill then they left and they quickly got relegated so the long term fans will be disappointed but philosophical about this relegation, more the younger fans who probably thought they had a guaranteed place at the top table for eternity after winning the league that will take longer to get used to the championship again.

I remember loads saying Burnley were going to completely implode financially this time last year. In the end they sold Pope, Cornet, McNeill and Nathan Collins to plug the 60m deficit and signed incredibly well with Kompany's knowledge of Belgian league.

Depends on who Leicester next manager is but they need to adopt the same model. Actually due to their success in last decade Leicester will probably be seen now as more attractive choice compared to Leeds for any young footballer.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

A league and FA cup, no brainer absolutely take that 

Â