Leicester City

Villan4Life

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not since Randy Lerner was Villa owner has a team tried to get themselves relegated. Selling Schmeichel and going with 2 players out of there depth, signing Faes and playing the worst back 4 in the league

If they dont go down this year they will next

It's like they are doing it on purpose. Long-term injuries have played their part, but the way they replaced their back 5 is like they wanted to get relegated.

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Fofana/Maguire   Evans   Chilwell/Justin

To:

Ward/Iversen

Castagne   Faes   Soutar/Soyuncu  Kristianssen

You would think they were already relegated and this is how they were lining up in their first season in the Championship

22 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's like they are doing it on purpose. Long-term injuries have played their part, but the way they replaced their back 5 is like they wanted to get relegated.

Ricardo  Fofana/Maguire   Evans   Chilwell/Justin

To:                           Ward/Iversen

Castagne   Faes   Soutar/Soyuncu  Kristianssen

And they still own 2 of the players in the 'From' defence. Plus their front 4 is full of goals. I can't understand it. They should be at least out-scoring their way out of trouble if not keeping clean sheets. I got them at even money to stay up a few weeks back thinking it was easy money. They're making extremely hard work of it. They had Leeds, Everton & Fulham coming up and they managed 2pts from those games. They now go into Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham. They'll be lucky to have a chance going into the last day of the season. Bye bye my €15 :P

1 hour ago, BOF said:

And they still own 2 of the players in the 'From' defence. Plus their front 4 is full of goals. I can't understand it. They should be at least out-scoring their way out of trouble if not keeping clean sheets. I got them at even money to stay up a few weeks back thinking it was easy money. They're making extremely hard work of it. They had Leeds, Everton & Fulham coming up and they managed 2pts from those games. They now go into Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham. They'll be lucky to have a chance going into the last day of the season. Bye bye my €15 :P

Yeah they were unlucky with long term injuries there but the replacements/backups have been woeful. It's like if Carlos was still injured or not the same player anymore next season and we brought back Bjorn Engels to cover/replace him and called it a day. 

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah they were unlucky with long term injuries there but the replacements/backups have been woeful. It's like if Carlos was still injured or not the same player anymore next season and we brought back Bjorn Engels to cover/replace him and called it a day. 

Carlos did get injured and we loaned Bednarek and it was that bad 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Carlos did get injured and we loaned Bednarek and it was that bad 

I mean for next season. Ricardo and Justin got injured over a year ago. Same with Evans if I'm not mistaken. Bednarek was nothing more than a stopgap solution, who played 98 league minutes total + Stevenage. If he were here next season and starting games it'll be similar to Leicester.

Forgot all about James Justin seems unlucky with injuries. Wonder if Villa would take a look in a cut price deal if Leicester get relegated. 

Edited by KAZZAM

6 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Forgot all about James Justin seems unlucky with injuries. Wonder if Villa would take a look in a cut price deal if Leicester get relagated. 

Has had 2 bad knee injuries now, teams would be reluctant to sign him

On 09/05/2023 at 17:46, avfc1982am said:

Losing Schmeichel has been their biggest problem imo.

Hope they go down and Forest stay up. There like the east midlands version of sha

Going to disagree with you here, but they're not that bad as some think.

I have a few Leicester mates and they often speak highly of Villa. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I mean for next season. Ricardo and Justin got injured over a year ago. Same with Evans if I'm not mistaken. Bednarek was nothing more than a stopgap solution, who played 98 league minutes total + Stevenage. If he were here next season and starting games it'll be similar to Leicester.

Think Justin is actually fit now but they didn't register him in the squad in January as thought he'd be out of the season. Interested what the bidding is for him in the summer as he's had two bad injuries in last 3 years. Can play both sides so wouldn't be a bad pick up for us.

Have to say that Luke Thomas guy is one of the worst players in premier league whenever he plays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think theyvahve more than enough to win the league next year

Evans at cb vardy up front they can walk it

I don't know, I would still bet on Man City.

;) 

Why is there not more anger from Leicester fans towards the owners?  

They must have made more from sales than any other club over the last few years and they've completely failed to reinvest it.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why is there not more anger from Leicester fans towards the owners?  

They must have made more from sales than any other club over the last few years and they've completely failed to reinvest it.

From the Leicester fans I know, there's been a fantastic relationship between the board and the fans (with some tragic circumstances involved too).  They're not too precious about "pushing on".  They've basically achieved the miracle Premier League win and aren't fussed about pumping £100m's into the club to sustain a top 4 push etc.  Just being in the league is enough as long as the team is competitive.. obviously relegation messes that up.  But they don't see it as the owners' fault; a lot of blame lands at Rodgers' feet whilst, at the same time, recognising how well he has done with the club too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

From the Leicester fans I know, there's been a fantastic relationship between the board and the fans (with some tragic circumstances involved too).  They're not too precious about "pushing on".  They've basically achieved the miracle Premier League win and aren't fussed about pumping £100m's into the club to sustain a top 4 push etc.  Just being in the league is enough as long as the team is competitive.. obviously relegation messes that up.  But they don't see it as the owners' fault; a lot of blame lands at Rodgers' feet whilst, at the same time, recognising how well he has done with the club too.

I've spoken with a life long Leicester fan and they are more than grateful for the last few years. You have a good comparison with Man United - achieved great success but that's gone down hill in their estimation. So the green-yellow scarves come out. Even though they regularly play CL football, have an excellent manager, and spend £80+ on players.

Leicester seem to be much more appreciative of where they are in the football hierarchy, what the club has achieved since 2016 (including an FA cup) and it would be mad for them to complain at this point. They can still stay up. 

• Like 2

Â